Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Precision Reservations

Liked

Precision Reservations

Can people who have used Precision Reservations for hotel bookings in any part of the world share their experiences good, bad or indifferent.

Positive

I use them all the time - and I don't tolerate fools or incompetence, so draw your own conclusion

Liked
    I use them as well. You get a lot of E mails for just one reservation but the site works. You have to pay via credit card and then you print a voucher rather than paying the hotel.

Review all the small print about cancellation policy and fees.

The down side to them is if you want to leave early or the hotel for some reason does not meet your expectations, changing plans is not easy.
    E Dok Tong

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked

An incompetent fool

Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    I use them all the time - and I don't tolerate fools or incompetence, so draw your own conclusion
    So how do you put up with yourself then?
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

Re: An incompetent fool

Quote Originally Posted by Aunty
    Quote Originally Posted by homintern
    So how do you put up with yourself then?
    I'd be careful if I were you, Tourette. Lots of this sort of behaviour (as I'm sure you known from your lifetime's work of dissecting amoebae) runs in the family, and as the offspring of my sister, you must be next in the queue. Remind me, did that under footman ever get around to marrying your mother?

Liked
    Precision has always done well by me. If I recall (it's been over a year since last using them) I had a small booking fee tacked on the bill which was not well-advertised beforehand anywhere on the site ... at least where I could find it, (which is hardly uncommon for me :cyclops: ). But their site is very quick and the achkowledgements came back instantaneously.

On the other end ~ when it came time for check in ~ each and every time the reservation was there waiting for us. Never a misstep on that front and that's what's important for me, extra fee or not.
    I used another booking service a few years ago wherein there was not receipt of booking at the hotel when we arrived later at night than usual, and it took some hassle to get it straightened around. Luckily I had a paper copy of the whole deal, but the hotel itself had not a word. Never had an issue like that with Precision (though admittedly it never happened before or since the incident with other agencies either). Bottom line is that the major hotel booking agencies do their job very well for the most part.

Another agency I like using is Asia Rooms ( http://www.asiarooms.com/ ).

Cheers ...
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Another agency I like using is Asia Rooms ( http://www.asiarooms.com/ ).

Cheers ...
    The problem with Asiarooms.com is that, it takes sometime for them to respond (48 hours or less). Many times they respond to me saying the rate was not available and I then found availability with the same hotel at a higher rate on another website or travel agent (For example, Centra Point Silom). So, why did Asiaroom put the low rate on the website? and if there is availability with higher rate, why don't they update their website with the correct rate info, or respond to me with an offer of higher rate? or tell me on what dates this low rate is available. It is a complete waste of time (48 hours) to "bid" the low rate on Asiarooms.com only to find out the rate is never available.
    It seems like they are operating under the Priceline's bussiness model, only the entire process is manual using the cheap Thai labors instead of a computerize and speedy bidding system. The rates shown on their website is available only half of the time, and you waste 48 hours for nothing.

Liked
    Fair comment on Asia Rooms I suppose, if that is your experience. But my dealings with them have been nothing like yours ... efficient response times & problem free every time.
    C'est la vie ...

Cheers
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked
    i always use www.asiatravel.com and have never had a problem... instant confirmation at most hotels
    [url]http://thaidiamondstories.moonfruit.com/[/url]
    About my books

Liked
    Thank you for your helpful responses. What prompted my question was that I am contemplating another trip to Brazil in a few months and I noticed that Precision's rates for a new 5 star hotel in Rio was substantially below that of other wholesalers. Being cynical by nature I was wondering if there was a "catch". However I may give them a try. Other comments welcome.