Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Is there a plan for dealing with SPAM on the Board?

Liked

Is there a plan for dealing with SPAM on the Board?

Many threads are infested now. I would not doubt that many of these links could easily be virus loaded, and I would also think some members here will be tempted to click on them. I hope not, but ....

Is anything in the works to attempt freeing the Board from this crap? And no, I don't mean posts by __________________________ (fill in your own favourite member-on-ignore ***) :geek:

Cheers ...

*** Miss Sybil Thrope jumps immediately to mind.

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

elephantspike
    I'm deleting about 15 spam-bot memberts daily, along with 3 or so posts they manage to make. In the meantime, don't click on any links made by spam-bots. They are always glaringly obvious.

Liked
    How easy is it to gain membership to this board?
    These are the good'ol days

elephantspike
    Well, you just have to click-through a link that automatically gets emailed to you when you click on "register" and agree to the terms of use, so, basically, any automated program can do it, but I prefer not to have to make people wait to be approved manually.

Forum's veteran
    Liked: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephantspike
    I'm deleting about 15 spam-bot members daily, along with 3 or also posts they manage to make. In the meantime, don't click on any links made by spam-bots. They are always glaringly obvious.
    And I get the others, 5 to 6 daily.

Liked
    Is it possible to have the automated e-mail contain more than one link so that the first 1 or 2 links could send them to CNN or MSNBC and the activation link would be the 3rd link or something like that?

Well, you just have to click-through a link that automatically gets emailed to you when you click on "register" and agree to the terms of use, so, basically, any automated program can do it, but I prefer not to have to make people wait to be approved manually.

elephantspike
    That's a great idea, Buck. I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not sure how to do the php programming for that.

Liked
    I don't doubt your abilities to do anything as it relates to the programming of the board. Between you and Jinks, you two are like Cyber Gods! :notworthy:

That's a great idea, Buck. I'm sure it's possible, but I'm not sure how to do the php programming for that.