Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Change of plan?

Liked

Change of plan?

n light of recent events, has anyone changed their plans for holidays in LoS? As of today, and having spoken to my travel insurance company, I'm still on track to arrive in Pattaya on 6 June. How about you?

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Change of plan?

I arrive in Thailand at the end of May for a four-week stay. I spoke to my travel insurance company, who told me that as long as I followed any relevant suggestions or recommendations made by any government or other authority, my insurance would remain valid. I hope the curfew is lifted soon but, if it isn't, I won't let it spoil my holiday.

Liked

My thoughts exactly - just have to start drinking earlier (can you find a beer at 7am?)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    " ... can you find a beer at 7am? ... "
    7-11 @ 7 AM. Get in line.
    (Irish alckies ... will Thailand survive 'em?)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Liked

Smiles - Thailand thrives on Irish alkies = and British alkies - and American alkies - And Canadian alkies - and Australian alkies - did I mention the Irish alkies

Liked

DONT Forget the Scots Joe,It certainly is not putting me off

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    I hope the curfew is lifted soon but, if it isn't, I won't let it spoil my holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe552
    I'm still on track to arrive in Pattaya on 6 June. How about you?
    I'm due to arrive just after Joe552 and I'm just hoping that the heat will be off in the intervening days, but like Daniel whatever the situation with the curfew if still in place I won't let it spoil my visit, still tons to do between 5am and 10pm! Only changes in plan likely if the airport is actually closed or there is a major escalation of violence.

Spoke to bf tonight (2am IssanTime) and the festival in the local area with Isaan Concert was in full swing. Police were in attendance, but just a few of the usual locals who normally attend the larger Isaan music gatherings there.

Liked

I am not due to arrive for a month or so but, like NewAlaan, only BKK closing or widespread violence would cause me to change plans.

BF hasn't had much to say about the situation. He complained about TV being restricted to the Thai National music, causing him to miss his "stories" (Thai soap operas).
    Otherwise, nothing seems too out of the ordinary in his little corner of Isan.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2
    still tons to do between 5am and 10pm!.
    Tons to do at 5 am? :-o It has been so hot here in Pattaya that best to stay inside until evening. So. for me, the curfew does cut down on the best part of the day (the evening hours). And for sure, no after hour clubs for those inclined to party hardy until 5am. Fact is the party is over, at least for the present.
    I came here to escape the boredom of home where friends were in bed at 10 pm and I was home alone with a bottle of wine and an X-Video.

Liked

Arrived a week ago and had a minor inconvenience once due to the curfew, was at the cinema when it was put in place and when we got out the mall was closed and the line at the BTS was so long it wasn't worth joining. Only trouble was it seemed all the honest taxi drivers were already either busy or off the street, every taxi I tried wanted to name his price to get back to Surawong that night.