Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Found: A sweet-looking guesthouse [link] in Chiang Mai ....

Liked

Found: A sweet-looking guesthouse [link] in Chiang Mai ....

Fair warning ... never stayed here, but discovered the link to the place while taking a look at some small, so-called 'boutique' hotels in Bangkok. This Chiang Mai guesthouse was recommended by one of the Bangkok hotels whose website I was viewing.

From the photos on the website only, it looks like a very comfy, interesting place. Thai style in a lush jungly setting. The map shows it to be located close to the banks of the River Ping. I know this area a bit . . . very close to the Riverside Restaurant, which makes it reasonable walking distance to the night market area of Chiang Mai just across the river.
    Rates seem very reasonable.

The Baan Orapin Guesthouse in Chiang Mai ( http://www.baanorapin.com/index.php )

Cheers ...

Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

Baan Orapin is a lovely place

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles
    Fair warning ... never stayed here, but discovered the link to the place while taking a look at some small, so-called 'boutique' hotels in Bangkok. This Chiang Mai guesthouse was recommended by one of the Bangkok hotels whose website I was viewing.

From the photos on the website only, it looks like a very comfy, interesting place. Thai style in a lush jungly setting. The map shows it to be located close to the banks of the River Ping. I know this area a bit . . . very close to the Riverside Restaurant, which makes it reasonable walking distance to the night market area of Chiang Mai just across the river.
    Rates seem very reasonable.

The Baan Orapin Guesthouse in Chiang Mai ( http://www.baanorapin.com/index.php )

Cheers ...
    This is a truly unique place in Chiang Mai and one of my favorites. Very gay friendly (well .. no wonder .. :-))

Food is good, service is very attentive.
    If you like sweet little places, this is the one to be in CM. Easy access into CM centre. Or walk around the nearby bridge or river banks and you are inmidst of one busy local cruising area, with slow starts around 15 hrs untill its getting busy later one.
    Also easy access to Night Bazaar or Thapae Gate. Quick move to Central or fabolous House of Male sauna possible, due to the fact that you are going around the usually jammed centre. Many local bus lines passing by all day and night long.

Liked

Hmmm.....where is it?

Where is it , Ttom, in relation to the river? My guess it's a block or two east (toward the Chiangmai Flora condo place?). I've walked through that area many time and don't recall a guesthouse like this on the river.

Liked
    Bob, if you enlarge the map included on that website, you'll see that the guesthouse is actually on the other side of the river road, not the river bank side. With all the jungle foliage surrounding the place (as per the photos) I'm not surprised that is difficult to see from the road.

Cheers ...

this place is not a secret.
    It is on utopia-asia.com forever.

Looks like mosquito heaven!

Liked

Yo Smiles

I knew it wasn't on the river side but I only remember some gift and furniture shops on the east side of the
    road along there; however, maybe I didn't notice it. (still waiting for Ttom to pinpoint the location as I'll
    check it out next trip as I walk near there almost every day).

Liked

Yooooooo Bob ...

Cheers ...

Liked

I've been yo-ed

So much yo-ing going on here, I'm going to start calling you the Smiling Yoda! :clown:

The map helps and I'll find the place next visit. I'm guessing the place is a block or two
    east of the main drag there ([for example, I've been to the temple (Wat Ket Karam) shown
    on the map - which is due east of the foot bridge (a/k/a the Chanson Memorial Bridge) and a couple
    hundred yards east of the main drag].

Now there's more information than you requested! And, given the price you paid, well worth it! :cheers:

[Geez, Spike, how ridiculous. Trying to post this reply several times, I get the message:
    Mistake! Your message is sent to hell!!!! Your message was composed very quickly. We therefore suspect that it was composed by a spambot. If we are mistaken and you are human, you may page back and re-send your message. Thank You
    While I don't necessarily claim to be human, I didn't really type the message that damn fast! Plus, I've "page backed"
    a dozen frickin' times and it still wouldn't post.]

Re: Hmmm.....where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    Where is it , Ttom, in relation to the river? My guess it's a block or two east (toward the Chiangmai Flora condo place?). I've walked through that area many time and don't recall a guesthouse like this on the river.
    Well Smiles send the map in between I’ve forgotten. It is about 150 m away from the Ping river, and therefore fairly free of mosquitoes.

If you leave CM city towards the CM Arcade bus terminal, the resort is slightly hidden at your right hand side on Kaew Nawarat road soon after passing the Nawarat bridge, from where many local busses linking CM city with the bus station.

It is a hidden treasure..