The owner of the Filou bar must be one of the nastiest men in Pattaya.

Last week, I sat at one of the outdoor tables and had very pleasant conversations with a number of boys. I bought them all drinks and ended up offing one of them two nights in a row. The owner was not in evidence. He was tending to the show taking place inside.

This week, hoping to repeat the pleasant experience, I returned, sat down at a table, and began talking to one of the boys whose acquaintance I had made the week before. I hadnтАЩt been there more than two minutes when the owner, a rude and abrasive German, moved two customers from the bar directly to the table I was sitting at. He sat them down next to me and told the boy to talk to them. When I asked why, he loudly said I hadnтАЩt bought a drink. I found that highly embarrassing. As I said, I had been at the table less than two minutes and no one had taken my order. I certainly had not intended to sit there without having a drink.

I was not only shocked at his rudeness to me, but by the snarling, ugly way he told the boy to speak to the (German) customers who had usurped my table. The boy was deeply upset, and so were his mates. It seems like the owner regularly forces them to chat with customers that he chooses. He treats his staff like animals.

This man has no respect for his customers or his boys. Unless you want to find out how the Gestapo would run a boy bar, stay away from Filou.

BBRIDGE