Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accident Insurance - Not Medical

Liked

Accident Insurance - Not Medical

I'm arriving for 60-90 days in March. I am too old (78) to afford medical insurance. Is there such a thing as accident insurance that would cover medical costs in case of an accident? If so, any recommendations where to look?

Liked

Re: Accident Insurance - Not Medical

Yes there are accident policies. They can be obtained from any insurance broker. The premium should be less than 3,000 baht for one year of coverage.

3. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (October 21st, 2023)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

soyunds real cheap...doubt they woukld ever pay out

5. User who gave Like to post:

Fred (October 18th, 2023)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I'm arriving for 60-90 days in March. I am too old (78) to afford medical insurance. Is there such a thing as accident insurance that would cover medical costs in case of an accident? If so, any recommendations where to look?

If you live in the US, one of the best comparison sites for travel insurance is Squaremouth.com. I purchased a policy through them from Seven Corners Insurance a couple years ago, back when Covid insurance was mandatory to enter Thailand.

I contracted Covid in Thailand, and Seven Corners Insurance paid all the expenses for my hotel quarantine (hospitel) in Thailand, along with missed flights and pre-paid hotel nights that were non refundable.

I just entered your info of 78 years old, arriving in Thailand in March for 60 days, into the Squaremouth.com search engine. Yes, there are many affordable policies available for a 78 year old. I hope this is of help to you.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Fred (October 18th, 2023)

Liked

Thanks. That does look good.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Anyone got any links to UK insurers who do accident only policies? I can’t find any.

Or maybe outside the UK if they cover British citizens?

75 year old on departure, turning 76 whilst there.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

daydreamer....really find that hard to believe...

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
    daydreamer....really find that hard to believe...
    I don't much care what you believe.

You can read my full trip report from early 2022 on gayguides.com if you think I am making up a story. It goes into detail about my quarantine in Thailand Here's the link: https://www.gayguides.com/forums/top...comment-328967

I would never purchase a travel policy from a Thai company, too much chance they might refuse to pay.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Hey Fred who says you cannot get health insurance if you are >75? That's rubbish. In my mind the king of travel - accident - health insurance is Allianz, a German company. https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/

If you are staying 90 days for heaven's sake get an annual policy. It even covers pre-existing conditions after a waiting period (2 months?) so get it way before you travel and before you buy your airline tickets, etc. Do it now if you are going to travel in March.

It doesn't come cheap at our age though. I pay about $700/yr for the two of us.

Liked

Daydreamer....so far your suggestion is the best. Squaremouth.com has quoted $450 for my trip that includes medical and accidental. The reviews for them are quite favorable.