Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Medical Insurance

Medical Insurance

Any Expats answer this for me...
    I am coming to Pattaya for 3 months from mid December.
    Can I get medical insurance when Im there? How much? Where from?
    Even if its for a year is it worth it, compared with the cost of getting it here in the UK?. They have quoted me ┬г300 for the 3 months..(I have one pre declared heart attack).
    What do you residents do?
    Thanks
    G

Found this one online:

Worldwide Insurance

Supposing that you are 18-49 years of age, otherwise it will be GBP 302 (max.)
    Probably your heart condition will be exempted.

Of course Thailand has insurances, but I wonder if they insure temporary residents. If they insure you it may be for one year and than there is no financial benefit.

Liked
    BUPA excludes preexisting conditions and they are quite liberal to their advantage on what defines a condition. Also, they do not insure anyone over 65 unless you have been with them for a number of years (not specified) and I bet also if you have not made a lot of claims. Price goes up with age.
    E Dok Tong

Quote Originally Posted by TrongpaiExpat
    BUPA excludes preexisting conditions and they are quite liberal to their advantage on what defines a condition. Also, they do not insure anyone over 65 unless you have been with them for a number of years (not specified) and I bet also if you have not made a lot of claims. Price goes up with age.
    I didn't ask the ins. sale's rep. when I was inquiring but the last time (oh, 2 yrs ago?) I inquired at BUPA I was told that their policy does not include treatment for STDs.

I dropped BUPA insurance when they sent a letter stating that ALL medical coverage in the USA is excluded.

Medical coverage is EXCLUDED in the USA in their "Global Policy" (but accidental death coverage still applies).

Thanks jospeh 44 for that link. I have checked with them and they will cover my previous heart attack. (if thats what you meant by previous heart conditions exempted). Im 61 and the premuim looks like being GBP 211 by deducting lost luggage and cancellation nonsence. Seems the best deal so far. I need to do some final checking to see that they have no "previous history"!
    Ive just read thru Thaivisa horror stories about Thai Insurance companies (e.g. the Insurance company whos payment cheque bounced) so I certainly wont insure with any Thai companies after reading that lot!!
    Thanks for the inputs...
    G

Included or excluded

Hi gerefan

many years ago when I was new to heart attacks and travel insurance I nearly made the mistake of buying insurance without cover for my heart condition - I thought that as i had given the insurance company all my health details that the insurance policy would cover me for all medical expenses. When I got the policy I actually checked the small print and found out that I was covered for all medical conditions except heart conditions - I quickly canceled that policy and found another company that would isure me and my medical condition.

So just a word of warning - check the small print.

OK now my question to the other guys from Britain on here - any of you had a triple bypass after multiple heart attacks over many years - if so did your insurance go up or down? (at the moment the insurance Companies will not give me a quote until I have been back to the cardiologist)

Cheers
    Brian

Liked

compare

Compare the local insurance to these travel/medical policies (terrorism included in some for the current unrest) or maybe one that's just a medical policy....all from worldwide providers......I use them everywhere I go.....
    http://www.insuremytrip.com/

Liked

Insurance

If you are traveling from the USA I suggest you look at wwwIMG.com They are a good company and their rates are very competitive. I use them for all my trips. It is nice to know I have not had to file a claim as least so far. The agent I use is always professional and is willing to take time to explain any questions on the policy. As someone already said, it is not wise to travel without good insurance.

Liked

An idea for you ...

Hi Bing...

I now have the IMG international health insurance policies available...

Here is the link to getting policy information and quotes...
    also I will be pleased to reply to any questions... just pm me.

May I suggest you look at my website

Traveler Jim's Insurance

http://www.tjinsurance.com

and this link

https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsuranc ... gac=231894

for several international health insurance options available for you.

If you are from the UK...and seeking pre-existing conditions coverage
    for a prior heart attach condition..be sure to read the fine print...
    and that the condition is covered.

I searched for one of our friends recently and could not find a policy
    which indeed would cover the pre-existing heart attack.

When did you have the most recent heart attack?

If you were a citizen of the USA, the Patriot International policy might have
    be good for you needs. It is an international major medical health insurance
    policy and has many benefits needed by those of us who travel or reside
    outside our home country.

It does have a pre-existing condition benefit...
    (if you are an American Citizen) which may pay for up to US $15,000
    (that is about 500,000 + Thai baht) for the
    "sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition when traveling.
    That can be an important benefit for many of us who have pre-existing conditions.

As a UK citizen, age 61, you may find this policy helpful:

Patriot Executive...
    for the frequent traveler outside their home country...
    covers you for 30 days at a time...each time you depart your home country..
    At an annual policy cost of $236.00 with a $250.00 deductible.

In addition to many benefits...
    It does have a US$5,000 benefit (about 175,000 Thai baht) for a
    "sudden and unexpected recurrence of a pre-existing condition"

for more information:

https://www.imglobal.com/travelinsuranc ... gac=231894

(insert your age and country ..dates of policy ...(enter)
    scroll down the page to see the policies available for you)

Hope this helps you...
    feel free to pm me if I can assist in any way.

TJ
    Tj