Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Current Tip Expectations

Liked

Current Tip Expectations

I will be returning to Thailand for the first time since the pandemic hit, and I'm curious about the current expectations for tips for massages and for short term offs in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

1. What would be a good tip for massages with a happy ending and without?

2. For short term offs from bars in Pattaya, what is a good price to pay the boy?

3. I'm also going to be in Phnom Penh and HCMC, so I'm curious about prices there as well.

Thanks!

Liked

Re: Current Tip Expectations

1. I go to those places in Saphan Khwai and Inthamara that state minimum tip 700 to 1500 (depending on boy, seems they can set their own minimum tip) and take those 700 or 800.

In Silom, asking prices can be much higher, a friend has recently been asked for 3000, and when he looked at the boy as if he had asked him to have a threesome with his mother, the boy recoiled and offered a handjob for 1000. With these prices and attitudes, I don't even bother with Silom any more.

2. The bars I frequent (Winner and Nice Boys), 1000 is well received and everyone wants to go with me again. However, Toy Boys want 1500. Other bars probably as well, but there too much clothing last time I checked was the first problem, didn't even get to the point of off-fees and tip expectations.

3. In Cambodia, the going rate seems to be 20 USD. That's what all gay massage quote as tip, and most money boys ask for. Anyone asking more than 20 I dismiss as greedy. Out of sport and scientific interest, I offered 10, and still get half of the boys for 10. No experience in HCMC.

Liked

I was there recently and got back to UK yesterday. On the apps in Pattaya 1500 is often asked for. In Silom I was paying 2000 short time, 3000 long time until 7am and the men I took off were fine with that. To just drink together in Silom less than 2000 can be acceptable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by WanderThailand View Post
    I will be returning to Thailand for the first time since the pandemic hit, and I'm curious about the current expectations for tips for massages and for short term offs in both Bangkok and Pattaya.

1. What would be a good tip for massages with a happy ending and without?

2. For short term offs from bars in Pattaya, what is a good price to pay the boy?

Thanks!
    In Pattaya, a message with a Happy Ending 1000; 500 without.

Short time offs in Pattaya 1000 to 1500 Baht.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I can't speak for Bangkok or anywhere else for that matter, but as far as Pattaya goes 1,500 THB has been the standard tip for decades.

I'm always amazed that it hasn't increased over time...but who's complaining.

I'm even more amazed that people keep asking the same questions.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I'm even more amazed that people keep asking the same questions.
    It seems par for the course over more than just this Board. Easier, I suppose, than trawling through older threads or checking the Search box, but it becomes boring.

I can recall when short time was always Bt. 500 in Bangkok for over a decade. This was when the exhange rate was fixed at US$1=Bt.25 - so $20. No idea when it upped to Bt.1,000 and then to Bt.1,500.

7. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (May 13th, 2023)

Liked

The thread topic was pretty clear. If questions about tips annoys you then I suppose you could just not click on the thread.

I appreciate the responses.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    I can't speak for Bangkok or anywhere else for that matter, but as far as Pattaya goes 1,500 THB has been the standard tip for decades.
    I have been paying 1000, and everyone happy for a repeat, since I first came in 2010.

However I'm aware that some boys ask for 1500, in fact everyone in certain bars expects that and a few online ask that as well. But for everyone who wants 1500, there are five who will happily go for 1000 with me, so I pass those who want 1500.

A clear distinction has to be made what is asked for and what is actually paid. I have been asked for 1500, 2000 and even 3000, but never paid that much.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

...am soooo glad Christiam has chimed in....my experience has been the same...the point is when negotiating is to not offend (yes funny that coming from me)..when they ask for 1500 you reply with a laughing emoji that you are not rich...or that he must be very high class to charge so much...and that you usually pay not more than 900 or 1000...almost always they come back with "1000 ok"....as soon as they realise that this is not your first time riding a steer at the rodeo...they negotiate down...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by WanderThailand View Post

The thread topic was pretty clear. If questions about tips annoys you then I suppose you could just not click on the thread.
    Sorry...that's not how we operate here.

If we see a topic that annoys us (for any reason) that's usually the first place we go so we can vent our frustrations...take a few jabs at another poster...show-off our cleverness...or just to be devilish for the hell of it.

Welcome to Sawatdee!
    Last edited by christianpfc; May 16th, 2023 at 20:33. Reason: fix quote

12. 3 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (May 15th, 2023), Dax (May 23rd, 2023), lukylok (May 16th, 2023)