FAQ & Help

Thread: Boyztown vs Jomtien vs Sunee in 2023

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Boyztown vs Jomtien vs Sunee in 2023

Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post

i was not aware of this...must have been ages ago...like 20 years ago....or very well hidden...
    The bar that I think London68 is referring to is probably the one that was opened by the notorious and infamous "Monty". And yes, this was back around 15-16 years ago (rough guess).

Monty, using all the abstract and daring creativity he was famous for, opened the bar (across from where Home Bar sits now) as a combination host bar/ cabaret/gogo. He had a small stage set up in the rear of the bar for small cabaret shows, many of which he starred in himself when he was drunk (just too funny), and another small stage set up in the middle of the bar which was occupied by a small number of gogo dancers (usually between 3 - 6).

The boys on staff were either the slim twink- types, or the freelance boy-next-door types with a variety of sexual identities. They would commonly start off dancing in their undies - and graduated to being totally naked as the night wore on and the tips started flowing.

I'll never forget my first visit to Monty's new bar - for as long as I live:

The first thing I saw when I walked into his new creation (fashioned by a truly untamed Australian Madman) were three old sofas covered with old tattered blankets resembling a hippy hangout back in the 70s - four or five naked boys shuffling around on a small stage just inside the doorway - a half dozen labyboys - complete with painted faces...smeared lipstick and sparkly outfits standing on the rear stage lip-singing a classic from the old "South Pacific" movie "I Gotta Wash That Man Right Out Of My Hair" - while Monty, who was stumbling drunk with a half-empty bottle of 100 Pipers in one hand, was manually flipping the light switch next to the stage on-and off at a rapid pace - all in an attempt to present the illusion that it was a real disco light. This was truly a "Monty Creation", and I knew from the moment I walked in that this was my type of place. Simply a riot!

For those old history buffs out there, Monty owned and/or managed many businesses in-and-around the gay scenes, including the original "Two Guys Guest House" (Soi Yensabai), as well as very first boy bar in Sunee Plaza which sat right next to the old Marina Inn (adjacent from the pioneering "Amigo Pub"). Later, after closing his boy bar, he leased the Marina Inn swimming pool and immediately started advertising "FREE SWIMMING" to any and all boys in town as long as they swam nude. I can't begin to describe how much fun the afternoons were in Sunee during Monty's rule.

It was after Monty's lease ran out at the Marina Pool (along with other complications) that he opened his first bar in Jomtien Complex. The first being a gogo bar which sat right next to the old Two Faces which only lasted a few months because of health reasons - and then onto his next bar...which would be he last... which is the one being described here

RIP Monty. You were truly one-of-a-kind - and sadly missed.

2. 16 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (May 30th, 2023), arsenal (February 4th, 2023), bitop (February 5th, 2023), bkkmfj2648 (February 4th, 2023), gerefan2 (February 4th, 2023), Jellybean (February 4th, 2023), jvt22222 (February 4th, 2023), Kenny (February 4th, 2023), Khor tose (October 8th, 2023), llz (February 6th, 2023), Moses (February 4th, 2023), Oliver2 (February 4th, 2023), pong (February 5th, 2023), riverdee (August 9th, 2023), Ruthrieston (February 5th, 2023), splinter1949 (February 9th, 2023)