Quote Originally Posted by latintopxxx View Post
mason...i very much doubt that Thailand will run out of "massage/gogos/MBs soon....there is still a huge pool of rural guys desperate to get away from working in the fields for a pittance under the hot tropical sun....not to mention neighbouring countries who r even less developed...and if as the economists predict the world does go into a global recession places like BKk and Pattaya will be flooded with pre-lubed bubble butted straight boys eager to please...
IF you really mean Thai boys only-as I have just arrived back at Swampy today-then you may be out of date-the nr of such guys is dwindling very much and also many other low-paid simple jobs that used to rely on them have hard times getting staff. Around here in BKK in fact most such jobs are done by foreign workers-Burmese, KHmer and the odd Lao. A bit strange/convincing also seems to be that the dozens of new m2m msg shops in Sapan kwai (_K.man, KK, KB etc.) hardly have any THai on the performing jobs-all are again foreign workers, here notably loads of real Lao (not those Isany) and they also give me a bit other impression as those Isany. Many told me they lost their jobs in Laos in HTL etc. due to the covid-isolation and rampant high inflation, so wait&see what this turns out when toursim also picks up again there and the HTLs get reopened etc.
What also astounded me this time was the very low nr of still coming young Japanese (bekpekkers with blue hair etc) or even the nr of old-style bekpekkers: hardly a bekpek to be seen coming off the belt in Swampy-whereas in the past it was near half of all luggages. Yes, I also have a roll-on wheels now.