Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    35

    Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    Apparently Myanmar is now issuing visas. Air Asia has not yet opened this route as they had before from BKK to Mandalay. Does anyone know of any air connections into Mandalay from Bangkok?


  2. #2
    Senior member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    104

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    MAI, Myanmar Airways International have flights from BKK to MDL but I'm not sure that now is the best time to visit the 'fabled city'. Much as I enjoy Mandalay, Yangon and much of Shan State, I would be concerned that my visit might been seen as supporting the military who are murdering raping and pillaging throughout the country. What has been happening to the ethnics for the past 70 years is now being 'served up' to the Burmese themselves. The Covid situation is difficult to pin down but is likely to be pretty bad. (Burmese form about 60% of the population and the remaining 40% are the ethnics living in what were termed the 'Frontier' or 'Primitive' areas.)

  3. User who gave Like to post:

    Ninodf1 (August 27th, 2022)

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    35

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    Thanks for the Myanmar Airways note. I understand. My long connections with Mandalay all relate to the lovely people of Myanmar, not the government, either one of them. Covid has leveled out like in Thailand. Covid restrictions in travel have been lifted.

    I am not in any position to judge any government as my own government's international activities greatly exceeds anything that is sadly happening in Myanmar.

  5. User who gave Like to post:

    christianpfc (August 30th, 2022)

  6. #4
    Moderator christianpfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    4,289
    Liked
    1360

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    https://www.myanmaronlinevisa.com/entry-restrictions/
    International commercial flights to all Burmese airports had been canceled since the start of the pandemic and finally resumed in April 2022. Passengers must arrive at Yangon International Airport (RGN).
    That means currently foreign tourist are only allowed to enter the country in Yangon airport, whereas locals can enter Myanmar at any land border or international airport??

    Another drawback is the requirement to have a test for Covid taken before departure and on arrival in Myanmar.
    My next trip to Myanmar could be in December, but I might pass Myanmar for somewhere without Covid test as entry requirement.

  7. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    92
    Liked
    35

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    Thanks for the update.

  8. #6
    Senior member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    193
    Liked
    104

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    Quote Originally Posted by Josan View Post
    I am not in any position to judge any government as my own government's international activities greatly exceeds anything that is sadly happening in Myanmar.
    You cannot be serious! One weekend the military shot 12 kids. They shot, and killed, one in her father's arms and that's just the start. I cannot imagine what country you come from.

  9. #7
    Administrator Moses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    3,970
    Liked
    2144

    Re: Air connections BKK to Mandalay

    Quote Originally Posted by billyhouston View Post
    You cannot be serious! One weekend the military shot 12 kids. They shot, and killed, one in her father's arms and that's just the start. I cannot imagine what country you come from.
    Maybe he is from US, where police killed 129 underage kids in a few past years, 17 of whom in 2021, in 2022 already 9.

    You can search database here https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ings-database/ at the bottom of the page.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

  10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    christianpfc (September 3rd, 2022), mr giggles (September 5th, 2022)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Sawatdee Network is the set of websites for (and about) gay community of Thailand, travelers and tourists in Thailand and in South East Asia.
Please visit us at:
2004-2017 © Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Sawatdee Network