Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54

Thread: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

  1. #1
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3

    Cool How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    I would like to make my first trip to Thailand and everyone told me a different version about Pattaya and Bangkok.
    Someone say Bangkok is more choice, some say is Bangkok,
    some say Payttaya is more cheap as boys fee some says that the "quality" is better in Bangkok.
    So I would like to have a first hand opinion.

    What do you think are the main differences between the two places?


  2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

    Dodger (June 29th, 2022), GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022)

  3. #2
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,434
    Liked
    2486

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    If your holiday will involve going to bars and offing boys, Bangkok could end up costing you twice as much as Pattaya - and believe me, you're not going to get any more for your money than you would in Pattaya.

    Pattaya is much less commercial...more lack back in-and-around the gay venues...a bit more sleaze (just the way I like it)...with an ocean.

    I enjoy short trips (2-3 nights) to Bangkok, but that's the limit.

    I love Pattaya...always have.

  4. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022), Oliver2 (June 29th, 2022), poshglasgow (July 19th, 2022)

  5. #3
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,091
    Liked
    1126

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Like Dodger, I used to enjoy a couple of days in BKK....but that was when Babylon was open. The real holiday started on my arrival in Pattaya.

    I have a theory about the differences between the guys in BKK and those in Pattaya. I've aired it before elsewhere....but here goes.

    Gay visitors to a seaside resort like Pattaya are more likely to stay for longer periods than those visiting a city/ business centre like BKK. And yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions.

    This means that many of the Pattaya guys are hopeful for a long-term off, a holiday partner with holiday pay, while the BKK ones are more likely to be looking for one-nighters. In my view, this increases the chances for more quality hook-ups.

    Secondly, the Pattaya guys often live together or close together. Some are old friends from the provinces. BKK is huge and so many of the guys live a long-distances from Silom. In other words, the Pattaya guys are mates, the BKK ones more likely to be just work-mates. This results in a friendlier atmosphere in the bars...more joshing, teasing, playfulness.

    I love the vibrancy of BKK but I'm more relaxed and at ease in Pattaya.

    In my view, anyway. And I appreciate that BKK has its advocates, particularly those preferring muscle guys, who are more plentiful there.

  6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

    arsenal (June 29th, 2022), Dodger (June 29th, 2022), GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022), poshglasgow (July 19th, 2022)

  7. #4
    Moderator christianpfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    4,244
    Liked
    1325

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    some say Payttaya is more cheap as boys fee some says that the "quality" is better in Bangkok.
    An off in Bangkok would cost me twice as much as an off in Pattaya. What happens in the bedroom depends on so many factors; however I found no or even negative correlation between price and service. I'm a Bangkok resident half of the year, but travel to Pattaya once a month to go to bars. The savings on drinks, off-fees, tips more than compensate for the expenses and effort of traveling and hotel.

    As for general life and sightseeing, a first-time visitor can spend days or weeks in either place without getting bored. But for me as a repeat visitor, there is not that much to do in Pattaya any more, that's why I'm based in Bangkok when I'm in Thailand.

  8. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    Badronald (July 10th, 2022), GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022), mr giggles (July 6th, 2022)

  9. #5
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If your holiday will involve going to bars and offing boys, Bangkok could end up costing you twice as much as Pattaya - and believe me, you're not going to get any more for your money than you would in Pattaya.

    Pattaya is much less commercial...more lack back in-and-around the gay venues...a bit more sleaze (just the way I like it)...with an ocean.

    I enjoy short trips (2-3 nights) to Bangkok, but that's the limit.

    I love Pattaya...always have.
    I understand,
    so it is not true that BKK offer higher quality and younger boys (of course always above the legal age)
    Someone said that top quality twinks can be found only in the costly BKK bars....

  10. #6
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    Like Dodger, I used to enjoy a couple of days in BKK....but that was when Babylon was open. The real holiday started on my arrival in Pattaya.

    I have a theory about the differences between the guys in BKK and those in Pattaya. I've aired it before elsewhere....but here goes.

    Gay visitors to a seaside resort like Pattaya are more likely to stay for longer periods than those visiting a city/ business centre like BKK. And yes, I know there are plenty of exceptions.

    This means that many of the Pattaya guys are hopeful for a long-term off, a holiday partner with holiday pay, while the BKK ones are more likely to be looking for one-nighters. In my view, this increases the chances for more quality hook-ups.

    Secondly, the Pattaya guys often live together or close together. Some are old friends from the provinces. BKK is huge and so many of the guys live a long-distances from Silom. In other words, the Pattaya guys are mates, the BKK ones more likely to be just work-mates. This results in a friendlier atmosphere in the bars...more joshing, teasing, playfulness.

    I love the vibrancy of BKK but I'm more relaxed and at ease in Pattaya.

    In my view, anyway. And I appreciate that BKK has its advocates, particularly those preferring muscle guys, who are more plentiful there.
    So for who like the twink, "unprofessional" type of boys Pattaya is a better choice.

  11. #7
    Forum's veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,118
    Liked
    70

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    IF you only come for the guys-spend more time in Pty. But there is nothing to do otherwise as going to the beach in daytime. You should realise it is in practice just 1 giant brothel-mostly for str8s and this very notable when you go out. Gays are just a minor niche in this.
    BKK has plenty of things to do and is so big its bigger as many countries in Europe (in nr of people and what there is to do). Plus that about every area of Thailand-and its neighbours, like Laos and Burma, have local settlements in BKK.

  12. User who gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022)

  13. #8
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    IF you only come for the guys-spend more time in Pty. But there is nothing to do otherwise as going to the beach in daytime. You should realise it is in practice just 1 giant brothel-mostly for str8s and this very notable when you go out. Gays are just a minor niche in this.
    BKK has plenty of things to do and is so big its bigger as many countries in Europe (in nr of people and what there is to do). Plus that about every area of Thailand-and its neighbours, like Laos and Burma, have local settlements in BKK.
    So if you come for meeting boys, the best choice is BKK?

  14. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    56
    Liked
    19

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    So if you come for meeting boys, the best choice is BKK?
    I guess it all depends if you're looking for paid or free time with guys. As I still don't have to pay to have a Thai guy come into my room, I prefer BKK many times over Pattaya. not only the number of guys available on apps or clubs is much higher, but in my opinion, so is the quality.
    I've only been to Pattaya once, and even though I got a good number of guys for free, found most of them lacking English skills, some just preferred crashing at your place for the night instead of their bed and even physically, some looked almost malnourished.

    A lot of guys in BKK not only have stunning bodies, but are educated, speak good English and make enough that they come to meet you, just because they are feeling like doing it and you can actually hold a decent conversation on many subjects before/after sex.
    Plus, there are so many things to do in BKK. Great restaurants, parks, temples, museums, shopping, etc. But as you see in the comments, it all depends on what you are looking for and also I would say also how much time you plan to spend in one place.

  15. 3 Users gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022), mr giggles (July 6th, 2022), Ninodf1 (July 24th, 2022)

  16. #10
    Junior member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    13
    Liked
    3

    Re: How Pattaya is different from Bangkok?

    Quote Originally Posted by infoarmor View Post
    I guess it all depends if you're looking for paid or free time with guys. As I still don't have to pay to have a Thai guy come into my room, I prefer BKK many times over Pattaya. not only the number of guys available on apps or clubs is much higher, but in my opinion, so is the quality.
    I've only been to Pattaya once, and even though I got a good number of guys for free, found most of them lacking English skills, some just preferred crashing at your place for the night instead of their bed and even physically, some looked almost malnourished.

    A lot of guys in BKK not only have stunning bodies, but are educated, speak good English and make enough that they come to meet you, just because they are feeling like doing it and you can actually hold a decent conversation on many subjects before/after sex.
    Plus, there are so many things to do in BKK. Great restaurants, parks, temples, museums, shopping, etc. But as you see in the comments, it all depends on what you are looking for and also I would say also how much time you plan to spend in one place.
    I dont mind to financially help boys,
    I prefer "next door" type of twink boys.
    I do not like much professional workers of bars/clubs/massages but instead I prefer the average boy that study and/or has his own job but he did not dislike to make sometime some extra money sometime.
    So you think BKK is better for this?

  17. User who gave Like to post:

    GerBear1958 (July 22nd, 2022)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Sawatdee Network is the set of websites for (and about) gay community of Thailand, travelers and tourists in Thailand and in South East Asia.
Please visit us at:
2004-2017 © Sawatdee Gay Thailand - Sawatdee Network