Quote Originally Posted by bkkmfj2648 View Post
Hello infoarmor,

I wrote this trip report for Koh Samui from my 2014 trip there as a solo traveler.
I had lots of fun - but it took more effort and this was before the apps that we have today - that help us to accelerate to meet the guys.

My trip report includes a map of the small gay area - which might help you to understand what is still open today in 2022.

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ht=trip+report

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showt...ht=trip+report

I hope that you will write a trip report for your stay in Koh Samui so we can compare notes.

Enjoy and good luck,

Martin
Thanks for your reply Martin. Your trip was in 2014 and looks like at that time dating apps in Thailand were in the early adoption phase.
(Wonder when they really took off in Thailand?! I took a break from visiting the country from 2012-2017 and it went from pretty much seeing no one on Grindr, to meeting every guy through Grindr and Hornet.).
Being a small place might have indeed been difficult to find guys.

I'm actually staying 2-3 weeks in Silom during this trip and the purpose of going to Koh Samui is to get a break from the frenzy of BKK for 3-4 days.
I had a layover in Koh Samui on my way to Krabi three years ago and found the area around the airport very beautiful, much more so that even Phuket. As you said, it reminded me of Hawaii.

So, the plan during my stay is to just relax, enjoy the beach and one of the days do some excursion around the island.
That doesn't mean though that I should give up the pleasure of a smooth Thai body in the comfort of my bed. I explored Grindr and Hornet and found some profiles, though the app never tells how far exactly the guys are.

Seems my best bet is to stay around Chaweng beach in case I want to explore any of the more gay-oriented venues and the beach itself seems to be decent enough.
The hotels in there are also probably more tolerant to having guests over, though I never had any issue with that on all the different places I've been to in Thailand.
Not sure if the massage places you mentioned in your post are still opened. They are not listed on the travelgay website, but looks like Pride Bar is still going strong.

I'll write a report after my trip.