FAQ & Help

Thread: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Old Dogs - New Tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Good luck finding one that's current.
    I'm not the one that needs to find it - you are the one making the claim, and your admission of a lack of supporting studies doesn't do much to help your argument regardless of how respected your family Nutritionist is !

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Clinical sudies involving probiotics and covid still underway and/or under peer review ay University of Colorado in the U.S. Conclusive results show Probiotics benefitial, specifically Lactobacillus acidophilus, at boosting immune system and helping to prevent covid
    and when the study is completed and is peer reviewed I would be interested to see the results, the hard part may be deciding how to extrapolate the results of a clinical trial using a controlled dose of a specific probiotic bacteria or even one or more specific commercial probiotic supplements to the results to be expected from any one of a number of commercial probiotic supplements available off the shelf - all of varying quality and content

I am not trying to prove you wrong, or claim you have made a wrong personal choice but supplements - probiotic or otherwise - can be expensive and can be of varying quality and efficacy and I don't think presenting "facts" like "Probiotics have been proven to be the number 1 supplement for boosting the immune system and protecting against covid and other virus’s." is particularly helpful for others trying to make an informed decision - particularly the reference to Covid in the current circumstances!

but enough proselytizing from me - people can and will make their own decisions!
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (July 31st, 2021), francois (July 30th, 2021)