Liked

Re: Available boys in Pattaya..

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Go prepared.
    Don't forget to use face masks.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Everywhere is fucked now so goji better ask again in a couple of years as hopefully the situation improves, it also will be a matter of what gay if any venues are left standing as only time will tell.
    You, Dodger and gerefan2 prefer to live in a virtual reality and if that makes you happy and hopefull then that’s great however, I prefer to remain a realist.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Armando (July 27th, 2021), mr giggles (July 28th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Everywhere is fucked now so goji better ask again in a couple of years as hopefully the situation improves, it also will be a matter of what gay if any venues are left standing as only time will tell.
    You, Dodger and gerefan2 prefer to live in a virtual reality and if that makes you happy and hopefull then that’s great however, I prefer to remain a realist.
    Well, I agree that everywhere interesting is f*cked right now, but I still think my next holiday is PROBABLY nearer to 6 months away than 2 years. I cannot be 100% confident. Also, it was only just over 6 months ago that people here were telling me I would be mad if I thought they would let British tourists into Thailand any time soon, when they were already letting British tourists into Thailand. I soon followed.

As for who lives in virtual reality, well you're the one who's been repeatedly telling us how cr*p Thailand is for the last 5 years or so. (Whilst living there)
    The rest of us realize that if we're going on holiday on planet earth, we have to pick the best that is available in 2021 & get on with life & enjoy it. That's a very grounded, rational and positive view.

Whilst as far as I can tell, you are inferring that the best alternative would be a time machine to take us back to Boyz Town of circa 1995, since there has been nothing worth going to Thailand for in recent years & no decent alternative ? What kind of reality is that ?

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (July 27th, 2021), gerefan2 (July 27th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Well, I agree that everywhere interesting is f*cked right now, but I still think my next holiday is PROBABLY nearer to 6 months away than 2 years. I cannot be 100% confident.
    6 months? Somewhere in between 6 months and 2 years is surely more likely. With the Delta variant on the loose and attacking younger people more than the early versions of the virus, with a tiny percentage of the population vaccinated, with the local AstraZeneca manufacturer sending more of its vaccines overseas than for use here in Thailand, and supplies of vaccines from various overseas sources not scheduled to arrive until the last quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022, any visit prior to next summer would be too much of a risk for most older guys. The age of the boys in the gay bars and on the apps probably means they will be among the last in the line for vaccinations. And I wonder how many new variants will have ben identified by then.

I wish you luck.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (July 27th, 2021), Dodger (July 28th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Remaining "happy and hopefull", regardless of how anyone predicts the future, sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I've never quibbled over "reality" versus "vitual reality". Whichever one is more fun at the time works for me.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Remaining "happy and hopefull", regardless of how anyone predicts the future, sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I've never quibbled over "reality" versus "vitual reality". Whichever one is more fun at the time works for me.
    Seriously, this is something I am afraid I will not experience. There will be a time, which might be 50 years or more, that there will really be something like virtual reality. I don't mean some goggles and a joystick, but rather an experience that is hard to distinguish from reality.

Would you not sign up for something like that?

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by vnman View Post
    Seriously, this is something I am afraid I will not experience. There will be a time, which might be 50 years or more, that there will really be something like virtual reality. I don't mean some goggles and a joystick, but rather an experience that is hard to distinguish from reality.

Would you not sign up for something like that?
    I guess we are starting to get close. I don't really know as I don't play VR games for obvious reasons, but a friend of mine is a huge gamer. Dropped about $25,000 on a computer to play kind of gamer.

I guess it's apparently pretty realistic now. He was telling me about a first person shooter game he was playing. He'd raid a house, kill everyone needed, then while walking around he was able to pick up a can of soup out of the pantry and read the ingredients on it. That's pretty detailed and realistic.

Also, Neural Link is making quite the advancements. I guess they're at the point where they have them installed in monkeys now, and the monkeys can sit there and play pong together with just their thought to move the paddles, no joystick or anything. Once that advances some more, and if you're brave enough to let a robot run around and thread your brain with a computer interface, that'll probably come close to VR as it will be linked to your nervous system.
    aa

14. User who gave Like to post:

vnman (July 28th, 2021)

Liked

I've spent a long time just hoping that I'd soon be back in Thailand.

I've now let go of that hope and feel a lot better for it. Rather than looking forward to a trip this year or early next year, I've come to the unfortunate conclusion that I won't be travelling anywhere overseas until at least 2023.

So if I have to worry, I'll worry about something else instead.

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

dinagam (July 27th, 2021), Dodger (July 27th, 2021), Ruthrieston (July 28th, 2021), vnman (July 28th, 2021)