Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick M/bike tour around Pattaya during lockdown on 12th April

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quick M/bike tour around Pattaya during lockdown on 12th April

Just for those you who may be interested and perhaps wondering what we may be missing perhaps not being in Pattaya just now, below is a video as just posted on Youtube ( credit to "Everything Pattaya" channel) with them doing a quick motorbike drive around tour of Pattaya which shows the effects of todays latest lockdown measures "during songkran". :-(

Have to say whilst things are of course quite dead there now, personally speaking I think I'd STILL rather be (somewhere) in Thailand in general rather than not, well that's based on IF it was still an easy choice both to get there and to stay there. To me there's still a lot to be said for catching some sun, getting some warmth in the bones, eating nice food and of course enjoying good "company" - mind you THAT is also strictly based on the Thai infection numbers staying low as they were, but if that changes then no, perhaps that's not just the ideal place that I'd want to be for the next few months either perhaps ! :-( Definitely a case of the grass always APPEARING greener there perhaps just .....

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Quick M/bike tour around Pattaya during lockdown on 12th April

About 3 minutes of useful information condensed into more than a quarter of a hour and complete with factual errors.

1. He says you can order chicken fried rice and sit with it drinking all night. Wrong, you can’t. The rules are drinks allowed with meals up to 21.45 and 15 minutes drinking up time. Restaurants have to close at 10 pm. I checked in my restaurant just tonight.

2. He doesn’t seem to understand why massages are allowed yet drinking in pubs is not. He says getting a massage with hands all over you has to be more dangerous than having a drink. What he doesn’t mention are crowded bars like DJ Station jammed packed with hundreds of customers and no real distancing. That’s why bars are closed.

He is right about one thing. It will only get worse when Songkran is over and everyone has got back from their home visits.

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 12th, 2021), Dodger (April 13th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yeah thats the trouble with the whole Youtube algorithm thing in that everyone now is fixated on trying to meeting the algorithms guidelines to ensure they make the maximum ( or any!) money from their videos.

I believe people ideally have to ensure that their video runs to over 15 minutes in length now and also the longer they can keep you watching the more money they received ( as Youtube can of course run more Ad's to you then) - which is also fine in general but as you say sometimes the very same that is dragged out for the 15 minutes COULD well be imparted in a matter of minutes and IS dragged out PURELY for to suit the algorithm.

Hence the success of late of TikTok etc too and their one minute maximum video rule ( although interestingly I see they have just "up'd' that to a 3 minute time allowed time now too IF it's to show a video taken directly from Youtube so even they're at it now too!

PS I would tend to agree with him about not closing the massage places seems a bit questionable - but I guess like everywhere its a balancing act between putting restrictions in place or putting the numerous massage staff who were banking on Songkran to sustain them out of business too......my guess is it's only a matter of time before they're added to the list as well though :-(

5. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (April 12th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    !

PS I would tend to agree with him about not closing the massage places seems a bit questionable - but I guess like everywhere its a balancing act between putting restrictions in place or putting the numerous massage staff who were banking on Songkran to sustain them out of business too......my guess is it's only a matter of time before they're added to the list as well though :-(
    When you have your massage you are close to one person. If you go into a crowded nightclub/bar you are up close and personal to hundreds of people.

Which has the highest risk?

Think you are right...their time will come with everything else after Songkran!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    When you have your massage you are close to one person. Which has the highest risk? !
    Of course you're right and it's the clubs of course, BUT massage places ( even legit ones) share the same problem as hairdressers here in the UK in that while it is only a one on one interaction, that same interaction then takes place every 30 minutes or each hour etc, over and over and over again ( well IF there were any customers for that to happen that is !) and THAT is where any infection can quickly spread. I'm guessing it's the LACK of customers that has allowed to decide to leave things open for now even maybe?

So, someone walks to a massage shop at say 11am already "infected"and boom that same infection then gets spread around, not only to the staff member but to all the OTHER staff members too, including all of THEIR customers too, them also the rest of the people those customers and their friends go one and interact with the rest of that day - and then their friends and family too, in every close situation they ALL find themselves ( as it's well shown now that people just aren't as careful as they should be) so the possibility of spread around a very high number of people, especially if it's the "UK variant" involved doesn't take to long in adding up ( as we've witnessed only too well here in the UK already) :-(

I'm guessing that it is / was more a simple case of they didn't want to hit that "total close' button again "just yet" as it IS Songkran and there are people about already who need an income - whereas the bars were a MUST do action. But just like the UK Government and their allowing the Christmas holidays mistake the Thai authorities may live to regret their decisions too perhaps - but lets hope not though.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha hang on maybe scrap what I was saying earlier about "it still would be nice to be in Pattaya to get a bit of heat in the bones etc" as judging by this video of the wet weather in Pattaya yesterday courtesy of The Pattaya News perhaps the UK doesn't look so bad after all !! :-)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Ha hang on maybe scrap what I was saying earlier about "it still would be nice to be in Pattaya to get a bit of heat in the bones etc" as judging by this video of the wet weather in Pattaya yesterday courtesy of The Pattaya News perhaps the UK doesn't look so bad after all !! :-)
    I went out for a walk in the UK yesterday and had to turn back due to a combination of sleet and hail. Whilst it has been fairly dry recently, that was mainly combined with cold weather.

Whereas all these pictures of flooding tend to be showing areas on Sukhumvit road and even further out by the railway. Not the areas where I would tend to stay. Now, whilst I don't have photographic evidence, I'm fairly sure the 5th floor apartment I had wouldn't flood. Even at ground level, it's probably OK to walk to the nearest coffee shop.

An obvious question is after all the digging, drainage works and whatever else, why do they still have these flash floods ? It's almost like all they care about is channeling money into someone's pocket, rather than actually improving matters.

As for massage, well yes, if one party is infected there's a high risk of covid transmission between the customer and the masseur. Also, all the other customers who have used the massage shop that day, which is most likely zero in the current economic climate.
    So I think massage is low risk, due to just one other party.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I imagine that getting a full body massage (sex or no sex) has close to the same risks as "short time sex" if the person servicing you has the virus. I've always been a huge fan of Thai massages (all types), but haven't enjoyed the pleasure for over a year now for this very reason.

Jai and I decided to take our own approach at staying safe back when this pandemic first hatched, and that approach has very little to do with what the government (province or city), or anyone else for that matter, is telling us to do. We prefer just using common sense.

If we think it's not safe to go somewhere, e.g. market, restaurant, beach, retail shopping, parks, etc., we don't go, regardless if they're being permitted to operate or not.. Simple as that. We don't need anyone to tell us what the main contributors and high risk concerns are regarding the virus, because frankly, this is something a 9 year old can understand.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    If we think it's not safe to go somewhere, e.g. market, restaurant, beach, retail shopping, parks, etc., we don't go, regardless if they're being permitted to operate or not.. Simple as that. We don't need anyone to tell us what the main contributors and high risk concerns are regarding the virus, because frankly, this is something a 9 year old can understand.
    9 year old's might agree with you but 19 year old's, 29 year old's and everyone in between have other priorities. They believe they are invincible and prefer to go out for fun with friends at the mall and bars and night clubs than shield from a unseen virus that the believe will have little or no effect on them. These rules are made for them.

As evidenced on this board, self preservation becomes a priority above all else for 69 year old's and above.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Sen Yai View Post
    9 year old's might agree with you but 19 year old's, 29 year old's and everyone in between have other priorities. They believe they are invincible and prefer to go out for fun with friends at the mall and bars and night clubs than shield from a unseen virus that the believe will have little or no effect on them. These rules are made for them.
    Ummm... it's hardly only young people not abiding by precautions. Remember the former president of the US and his cronies? Not exactly spring chickens.

Hell, just a couple days ago close to hear a group stormed police barricades and ripped them down so they could gather for church. Not supposed to be gathering for church right now, but apparently these Darwin award candidates are sure God will protect them, hence no need to worry about the virus.