FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya Lockdown Again

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Pattaya Lockdown Again

Welcome to the club, glad you all could join us.

Liked

All bars must close until further notice!

Liked

Considering the remaining bars this basically means Jomtien Complex

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    Considering the remaining bars this basically means Jomtien Complex
    Pattaya as an entertainment resort is finished. This latest lockdown will make sure of that.

6. User who gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (December 30th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Having arrived in Pattaya less than 24 hours previously this shutdown this was naturally disheartening.

This afternoon I walked down Pattaya South Road past Walking Street then along Beach Road. After a bit I decided to return via a favourite restaurant near Boyztown which I was amazed to find open. So I decided to eat and drink there! Fortunately they said they are open tomorrow onwards.

After that at about 8 pm I walked through BT and this is what I saw ..pic below. It’s taken from Panorama and Castro is on the right and Ambiance is on the left. Maybe MFAS has got his wish already! Not exactly the pic I promised to send Arsenal a few weeks ago as I walked through BT!!

Along Pattaya Tai I did see a few places were open so decided for old times sake to take a walk through Sunne Plaza. Was somewhat surprised to see the Green Chairs had been open and was closing up (it was about 8.30) and as I walked past there I saw a lot of activity outside Winner Bar.

As I got closer I could see about 6 farangs outside and about 10 boys also sitting outside. Great I thought.

As they all ignored my question as to whether it was open (boys included) I could see I was certainly not welcome for some reason. As I walked off someone with an American accent said they were using up some food brought in for the cancelled New Year. Thank you for the explanation....

My favourite Hamburger Lady near Sunne was open so I enjoyed a burger and beer there.

Welcome to Pattaya.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 31st, 2020), neddy3 (December 31st, 2020), Smiles (December 31st, 2020), TaoR (December 31st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nil desperandum.

The premises will still be there when the customers return to Thailand. And the working guys (and girls) will still need the dosh to support Mama and Papa , whether it be in Isaan , Vientianne or Siam Reap.

After all, it's not as if Thailand is alone in taking this hit. Entertainment everywhere is struggling and when the good times roll, lots of punters will have money in their pockets.

It may well be that flights will be fewer, more expensive and more crowded. But I'll start worrying about that later.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 31st, 2020)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    My favourite Hamburger Lady near Sunne was open so I enjoyed a burger and beer there.
    Welcome to Pattaya.
    So basically you went through all the hoops to get a cheap burger and a beer.....Welcome to Pattaya....Lol

Liked

Gerefan2, your trip was always going to be a gamble as we all know how unpredictable this virus is and things change very quickly.

Still it's sad things haven't worked out for you.

I hope you can salvage something, even if it's just enjoying the food.

Don't forget the apps. The guys still need an income and should be very eager to please.

Best of luck!

13. User who gave Like to post:

TaoR (December 31st, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Manforallseasons View Post
    So basically you went through all the hoops to get a cheap burger and a beer.....Welcome to Pattaya....Lol
    You just love it don’t you?

Actually I, and I believe goji, both came here to avoid the UK winter and everything that goes with it. I assume you’re here for the culture and the cynicism?

As far as I’m concerned, i’m not missing the UK weather or anything else there. As AK47 says there are still the apps!!

15. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (December 31st, 2020), dab69 (December 31st, 2020), neddy3 (December 31st, 2020), TaoR (December 31st, 2020)