Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Army Boy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum's veteran
    Liked

Army Boy

I ran into a boy I’ve known for years while shopping on Second Road yesterday who just finished a tour of duty in the Thai Army. The Boy (Tui) first came to Sunee when he was 15 y/o…worked freelance (Violet House)…graced the stage at Sundance when he grew his wings… and then went solo as a freelancer. Great personality…an absolute doll…and as genuine as they come.

We sat on the steps outside Central and talked for almost an hour. He joined the Army after several of his close friends got arrested and incarcerated for yaba possession during one of the numerous raids in Sunee Plaza. He claimed he was scared of one day getting arrested and sent to prison himself, which motivated him to enlist. He served a full 2 year tour due to the fact that he never finished high school – let alone attended any college. Note, that, unlike the Military in the West, volunteers in Thailand actually serve shorter tours than draftees, especially if they have college degrees. Those with degrees typically only serve for 6 months to 1 year, where those who get drafted typically serve 2 year tours.

The Military pay Tui received was just 9,000 baht/month, but considering the fact that his room/board/clothing/medical, etc., were all paid for by the Army, he was still able to send monthly installments to his mother which he said helped out a great deal. Plus the fact that he was gaining “FACE”.

When I asked him what his plans were now, he said that originally he thought he would go back to work at one of the gay venues, but with the pandemic still in-play and no customers around, he was considering reenlisting in the Army for another 2 year hitch. My initial response was…”oh shit”…but he immediately interjected that the Army wasn’t so bad, and being gay actually offered as many opportunities for “Boy Fun” than he had in civilian life. Also unlike the Military in the West, enlisted soldiers in Thailand do not advance in rank during their initial term-of-service, and only get another stripe pinned to their uniforms and start earning more money after reenlisting. He said if he reenlisted his pay would increase to about 12.000 baht/month.

All-things-considered, and not knowing how long this pandemic is going to last, it was hard to knock his decision. He’s staying extremely healthy (fit as a fiddle)…everything’s paid for….no layoffs or job terminations to worry about…plenty of sex…good face back in the home village…not to mention the advantages of learning more about self-discipline which will benefit him greatly later on in life.

I know another boy who used to dance at Nice Boys who is apparently considering reenlisting in the Army as well. I just wonder how many more there are out there who see the Military as a safe "stepping-stone" during this pandemic???

Below is a link to a cute video – of a Thai boy getting “enthusiastic” on Enlistment Draft Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU25XOZkQ5Y

2. 8 Users gave Like to post:

a447 (April 12th, 2021), arsenal (April 12th, 2021), Brad the Impala (April 12th, 2021), christianpfc (April 12th, 2021), dab69 (April 12th, 2021), dubdavie (April 13th, 2021), Oliver2 (April 12th, 2021), TaoR (April 13th, 2021)