Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Two week shutdown for pubs & clubs

Liked

Re: Two week shutdown for pubs & clubs

You mean the imaginary link you never posted?

3. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 8th, 2021), dab69 (April 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

No. The article is misleading.

Until the PM agrees, and signs it off tomorrow, nothing is set in stone as implied in this piece.

He has often over ruled proposals and it remains to be seen whether or not he signs as proposed.

Remember TIT.,..let’s hope for the best.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    No. The article is misleading.

Until the PM agrees, and signs it off tomorrow, nothing is set in stone as implied in this piece.

He has often over ruled proposals and it remains to be seen whether or not he signs as proposed.

Remember TIT., but let’s hope for the best.
    The Bangkok Post doesn’t often print “misleading” articles however, if the PM does in fact sign off it will mean Jomtien Complex and what’s left of Sunee will close as well. This comes at a very bad time as Pattaya is expecting many Thais coming for the Songkran holiday.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Just like the Thailand Entry Requirements speculation is pointless.

Why not wait and see and keep our fingers crossed?

7. User who gave Like to post:

dinagam (April 8th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Why not wait and see and keep our fingers crossed?
    On a side note there Gerefan - how long have you got left there now ? Are you working to a fixed return date or perhaps you have an open return ticket and just staying / hanging on there just as long as you can / you fancy ?? I've no specific reason for asking by the way other than absolute pure basic jealously of you being there and me being here I should add :-)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I was fortunate that the airline cancelled my return flight in March so I selected another date much later!

I’ve a flight booked to return in 2 weeks but if this fiasco gets worse I may well pay up and change to an earlier date.

It’s not easy though as you have to book tests etc in UK and that’s going to take a few days.

So no speculating from me. I will wait and see what transpires tomorrow.

And finally just to make you really jealous I’m having this with my dinner. Only £4.06, cheaper than at home!
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (April 8th, 2021), goji (April 8th, 2021), Jellybean (April 8th, 2021), TaoR (April 10th, 2021)

Liked

Having been back in the UK for about a month & experiencing the cold weather even in April, be content that you have made the better decision !

As for booking the UK covid tests, I did that the day before heading to the airport and the confirmation came through immediately. Which is all I need for the next step of completing the online immigration test. They were a little lacking on the test delivery side, but none of that matters as long as the entry requirements are satisfied !

The only other thing needed was a covid test in Thailand, which was easily arranged & results were e-mailed through the same day.

Even if it's back to a Thai lockdown beer served with a decoy coffee mug or Sprite can, that must be compared with a British pub serving outside, from 12th April. Better beer in the UK, but think of the wind chill !

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (April 8th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 9th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post

As for booking the UK covid tests, I did that the day before heading to the airport and the confirmation came through immediately. !
    It’s changed a little. Some of the approved suppliers ran out of test kits and some of the others on the list now only let you tick a day of arrival at least 5 days ahead. Presumably to ensure they have the kits available.

Anyway no real problem.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And finally just to make you really jealous I’m having this with my dinner. !
    At least you can GET a pint of Guinness, with all the pubs closed here I would PAY the extra £4 quid just to get a decent sup nearly !

And I concur with Goji's view about you doing the right thing in staying there longer when you could as there's damn all of anything exciting to be here for just now - and if being in Thailand with the sun and heat and food and drink ( even in the limited choices of places that are open perhaps) and of course the company it really is / was a no brainer for you to go there when you could !

15. 5 Users gave Like to post:

dab69 (April 9th, 2021), Dodger (April 9th, 2021), gerefan2 (April 9th, 2021), goji (April 9th, 2021), Ruthrieston (April 9th, 2021)