Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Three Friends

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Three Friends

That is true in my experience. "Papa sawng" is a standing joke between P and me. And it's not just a joke. It took me nine years of butterflying in Pattaya to learn that I needed more than sex. And, as Dodger says, a visit to his parents' home changed my understanding of the nature of our relationship.

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (March 21st, 2021), Ruthrieston (March 22nd, 2021)

No Platformed
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by a447 View Post
    I don't know about "guaranteed". It could work out in certain circumstances but failure is certainly on the cards, given the age difference (I was thinking of a farang in his 50s) and the ever-present cultural differences.
    Have you ever given Rupert Murdoch advice on relationships?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

...... And it's not just a joke. It took me nine years of butterflying in Pattaya to learn that I needed more than sex. .
    Likewise, my butterfly wings stayed firmly glued on my back for 15 years, but eventually, after having interactions with a thousand guys (and only remembering 5 of their names), I started coming to the same conclusion.

I had failed attempts before, understand the landscape, and had no delusions about the age, social, and cultural difference's, but decided to plow ahead anyway. If Tom Hanks could bond with a volley ball named Wilson (movie Cast Away), then I felt anything was possible.

I was married to a younger Thai male in another life who died tragically in 2012. I'll spare you the details. It wasn't until 2014 that Wilson came floating up on the shore...different chemistry...different universe...different shapes...different sizes...different languages...with the one-and-only common link between us being the fact that we were both water-logged and stranded on a shore...looking to bond with something or someone to add some meaning to our lives. We started bonding almost effortlessly...more and more as time passed...until any apprehensions we had regarding our differences just vanished, as if they were just delusions. Strange really!