List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Uncertainty Over Availability of Kovid-19 Vaccinations for Expats in Thailand

Liked

Uncertainty Over Availability of Kovid-19 Vaccinations for Expats in Thailand

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120..._campaign=news

Sounds like no vaccines for expats, maybe not even those who pay taxes and into social security. No word from government about them yet.

No Platformed
    Liked

Re: Uncertainty Over Availability of Kovid-19 Vaccinations for Expats in Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by cdnmatt View Post
    https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/120..._campaign=news

Sounds like no vaccines for expats, maybe not even those who pay taxes and into social security. No word from government about them yet.
    How is this different to people in other countries living there on year-to-year or shorter-term visas - Canada for example? A friend’s doctor at BNH says “This is Thailand. Everything is for sale.”

Liked

Re: Uncertainty Over Availability of Kovid-19 Vaccinations for Expats in Thailand

Ohhh, I'm sure everyone in Canada will get a shot, legal or illegal, tax paying or not.

Hell, Canada went and bought about 414 million doses of vaccines, which if they all pan out, means enough to vaccinate the entire Canadian population nearly six times over, so we're good to go. I guess we're in talks with the WHO to donate the leftovers to poorer nations.

Liked

Private hospitals got the green light to import the vaccines themself and independent from government procurement. We will get it from there, long before the goverment is ready. At a premium price though.

5. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 15th, 2021), Patanawet (January 26th, 2021)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Flugg View Post
    Private hospitals got the green light to import the vaccines themself and independent from government procurement.
    but obviously only after the vaccines are approved by the Thai FDA
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

7. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (January 18th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post

but obviously only after the vaccines are approved by the Thai FDA
    Thailand has an FDA??? Now that's scary.

I bet the Head of the Thai FDA has about as much decision-making power as a seven-eleven clerk.

Liked

This could be a new experience for whichever Thai is in charge of the vaccine roll out.

'Well Mr Pfizer/AstraZeneca, we'd love to buy these vaccines from you. Obviously I have personal costs to deal with. I'm looking for a small percentage. Just to smooth things through you understand.'

'Erm. It's like this. Fuck off.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

gerefan2 (January 26th, 2021), Moggy (January 26th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I thought it had been widely reported that the vaccine will be available privately for 3000 bht. My guess is that most expats, certainly those whose income is relatively comfortable, will be able to get vaccinated well before the poor farmers of Isaan et al. Or vulnerable hiv patients cross the country.

12. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (January 27th, 2021), StevieWonders (January 27th, 2021)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post

I thought it had been widely reported that the vaccine will be available privately for 3000 bht. My guess is that most expats, certainly those whose income is relatively comfortable, will be able to get vaccinated well before the poor farmers of Isaan et al. Or vulnerable hiv patients cross the country.
    According to recent news, private hospitals are already buying vaccine, aside from the orders the government is procuring, to do exactly that. I've seen 3,500 baht mentioned several places lately.

I agree about the poor farmers in Isaan being the last people to get the vaccine. The first round will of course go to those "people we can't mention" who float around on golden carpets...the second round will go to the 35,000 generals who wear all those impressive combat ribbons on their uniforms (even though there hasn't been a war in the last epoch)...then Thai middle-class will start forming lines...and possibly around the year 2028, if there's any vaccine leftover in the warehouse inventories, the elderly farmers,(if any are still alive), may possibly get their chance.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Considering the current worldwide scramble to buy vaccines when private Thai hospitals get any won’t be anytime soon.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"