Thread: Covid Insurance

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Re: Covid Insurance

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    That's great news!

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't visit the forum during your 14-day quarantine. How in the hell did you keep busy?

Were you allowed the leave your hotel at all for exercise?

Any advice on what others should do to survive quarantine?
    You kind of get into a routine. I was fortunate in that my husband and I are legally married in the United States and Thailand accepts that for quarantine purposes. So, we did get to stay together. Dad stayed right next door. We ended up getting into a routine. Mealtimes were always looked forward to as it was something to do. Once a day, we got to take dad down the hallway to the exercise bike for an hour. I always have work to do on the computer, and the husband has television and YouTube - all in all, it wasn't that bad. However, if someone is on their own, I could see a need to be more proactive in having things to do to stay occupied. I am not a big tv watcher, but I do like to read. So, I went through about six books during the quarantine. I have heard of some people writing a book during quarantine, and a friend of mine actually started an online business. Plan ahead and quarantine can actually produce dividends in the long run - who knows. All that to say, it is not that bad. Once you get over the initial week, the countdown begins and the end is there before you know it.

Oh - one other piece of advice is not to go stingy in the choice of ASQ hotel. We went for a luxury hotel and did not regret it. We had every modern convenience, including premium Internet. Some others I know when cheapo and got basic Thai television, Internet that was out more than it was on, and food that left a lot to be desired. Dripping air conditioners... the lot. Go a bit more upscale, it is 14 days after all, and it will be money well spent in my opinion.

Cheers -

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

Dodger (December 4th, 2020), goji (December 3rd, 2020), TaoR (December 4th, 2020)