Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Beating a Dead Horse

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Beating a Dead Horse

If the situation wasn’t so sad it would be humorous to read the constant longings and rationalizations of those that want to return to Thailand. Get a grip as your return is not inevitable for the foreseeable future.
    Why not use your time constructively such as joining a garden club.

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Re: Beating a Dead Horse

I think in that other Thread of yours , " No End in Sight" , it was all about trying to keep the Thread alive and people posting. Thai related Material is becoming harder to generate, bars are struggling, tourism is practically dead, and this all affects this board. Strange times.

3. User who gave Like to post:

francois (August 7th, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Typical example of “Im all right Jack”.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Aye, until the Govt decide to screw a bit more with the visa / retirement visa rules perhaps and then it might be a different story perhaps I guess .....

6. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (August 8th, 2020), goji (August 8th, 2020)

Liked

The dead horse is mainly being beaten by MFAS.

I'll probably be taking a holiday in Thailand within 12 months, whether MFAS likes it or not. And if I can't travel to Thailand, no problem, as there will be other interesting countries that decide they need tourism money again and start welcoming us

8. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 8th, 2020)

Liked

I really wish I could visit Thailand , I said on another thread how much I miss it, I have been travelling there for a good number of years. I'll believe in a vaccine when it is produced and delivered to the population and it proves effective over a reasonlable safe time period. It is encouraging to learn of vaccine trials, and the progress being made, to me it's "nice to know" but very far from what I need to hear in order to make plans or get my hopes up.I think it's in the governments interest, and maybe their duty,to try to boost people's morale, to give them hope that their lives might soon return to normal, the media also like to have a story to sell. I'm not saying any of this is malicious, it's just news stories. If the present rate of new infections continue , it will become more difficult to control people's behaviour regarding covid-19 safe practice, especially in western countries. That could be as big a problem as the virus.
    There is nothing I can do to change this shitty situation,and I have to accept it, that's not always easy, but I value my life more than the boys asses....just about.
    I am not having a shot at anyone else's opinion or intentions regarding travel to Thailand ,or vaccines I'm only stating my own views and how I see it.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

francois (August 8th, 2020), GerBear1958 (August 9th, 2020), Manforallseasons (August 8th, 2020)

Liked

Zebs wrote.
    "There is nothing I can do to change this shitty situation"

Exactly. And you don't need to. 140 plus companies and their governments are working flat out and at full capacity on this. That's why we have them. Stop worrying about it and just wait for the vaccine. It's here before Christmas.

12. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (August 9th, 2020)

Liked

The trend of recent posting reminds me of the old pantomime routine: 'Oh yes it will', 'Oh no it won't', 'Oh yes it will'... Take your pick as to who are the good fairies and who the evil fairies in this sad tale of frustrated tourists and hardbitten expats. Personally I think both extreme optimism and extreme pessimism are misplaced at the moment. What can we do but wait and see?

14. 2 Users gave Like to post:

colmx (August 8th, 2020), Zebedee (August 8th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Stop worrying about it and just wait for the vaccine. It's here before Christmas.
    Christmas 2020? There are many vaccines in different stages of testing only the Russians who seldom are capable of the truth suggest they will have a vaccine ready August without going through any testing norms. If by some chance a vaccine is found safe and effective by October do you really think it will be available worldwide in December, wishful thinking will not make it happen.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

MFAS wrote.
    " If by some chance a vaccine is found safe and effective by October do you really think it will be available worldwide in December,"

No, of course not. Certain places like Africa and South America will be last. I'm talking about Europe, America and Asia. China will begin vaccinating in September. The Oxford test gives a result in 90 minutes. No one's going to hang about on this. And I'm coming to the conclusion that the "wishful thinking" is yours and that you very much enjoy the new empty Pattaya. And I don't blame you for that.

NB. It's wishful thinking that makes everything happen.

17. User who gave Like to post:

Patanawet (August 8th, 2020)