Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Sad news regarding Forest House closure. If confirmed.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

Sad news regarding Forest House closure. If confirmed.

Those of us for whom Sunee has been the bar area mainstay of our visits this past few years (as opposed to Boyztown and Jomtien Complex) it is sad news that Forest House has closed according to posts on another forum. I was aware that Aum/Aom from there had moved to QM2 Bar in Jomtien a while ago, but still surprised as it has survived through all the challenging periods of gay Pattaya bar history.

I don't know exactly how long it has been in business but I'm fairly sure it's been there throughout my 20 years visiting Thailand, and even though there were early years in 2000's when I disliked Sunee, I would still find time during a trip for visits to Forest House, especially early morning hours 1-3am.

In recent years I always expected that if Double Shot moved from Sunee that would be the real start of the end for the area. But as long as Diamond Bar, Eden Bar, Euro Boys Bar, Winner Gogo, Rainbow bar and /or 'Green Chairs' Sunee Beer Bar can re-open/remain along with Nice Boys if it can keep in business I will still regard Sunee as first choice for my relaxing drinking environment and, as it's not far from Sinlapin Issan which seems to be bucking the trend in Pattaya night club/late night bar offerings, that would still tie-in as a more than acceptable night out in Pattaya. If/when we are able to return!

A few of the Thai/Laos/Cambodian lads from Sunee, still keep in touch with most back home and some finding work as Durian Fruit pickers around Chanthaburi near Cambodian border and say that if bars re-open with foreign tourists permitted to return to Thailand they do intend to return to work in the bars left standing, or use bars as their 'base' for work. Some have already worked in Jomtien Complex at some time during their career so working out of there if sunee is unable to recover is doable.

As time goes on however, while I have a confirmed flight to Thailand being moved originally from April through the months to October now, and will no doubt be moved beyond...... optimism drains slowly away every time there is some spike announced 'somewhere' in the world and immediately used as the latest example by the current Thai authorities as the reason to keep their military backed grip on the population, but that's another thread on it's own.

Good to see the positive Pattaya Mail piece on the Jomtien Complex.

2. User who gave Like to post:

GerBear1958 (August 7th, 2020)