Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Liked

Re: Government Imposes Nationwide Curfew

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    It's well known that the coronavirus is a nocturnal being only coming out to infect during the hours of darkness. Thus this measure will certainly work.
    well the virus did originate in bats, so ...
    I can’t even be bothered to be apathetic these days!

2. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    well the virus did originate in bats, so ...
    ALLEDGEDLY !.......might have been that pesky Chinese Government if you believe Trump.....or that pesky American Government if you believe the Chinese.....or "maybe" it just came from bats.......my money is on the last one actually just as nature usually has a million better ways of kicking us humans in the balls when we need it than we can ever muster ourselves.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ALLEDGEDLY !.......
    In addition, I've also seen journalists blame pangolins & snakes etc. Usually stating it as a fact, rather than writing "may be from Pangolins, although this is not yet proven".

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Government Considering 24 Hour Curfew

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Government Considering 24 Hour Curfew

What part of GET IN WITH IT don’t they understand from watching the virus devastate other Countries I wonder !!??

I can only be generous and assume that like other Counties this is them gently trying to prepare their people for what’s coming in terms of full lockdown etc, but considering the average Thai won’t need to go out and panic buy toilet rolls as we for some stupid reason felt we needed to here in the West they really should just go straight to it now and never mind waiting the week to impose what HAS to come for the longterm good of their own citizens.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ALLEDGEDLY !.......might have been that pesky Chinese Government if you believe Trump.....or that pesky American Government if you believe the Chinese.....or
    Whatever is the origin of the virus, haven't you noticed that there are far fewer cases in Japan than the USA, which is probably attributed to the way they wear their masks?
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (April 3rd, 2020), BenCH (April 4th, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Pattaya Closes Hotels and Beaches

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pattaya Closes Hotels and Beaches

My My you'd almost think all the "idiots" that commented on same earlier in the week about how desolate Pattaya was becoming and how it was facing a torrid time were maybe right after all eh ! :-p

On a serious note the closing of all hotels is one hell of a step up from the night time curfew and even the 24 hour curfew, I'm guessing that's going to give a lot of parang all sorts of major headaches now either trying to find a work around or to find somewhere to relocate to pretty damn quick ! I'm sure the hotels in Bkk will be taking note ( and either wondering will they be next or jacking up their prices accordingly ( or maybe just be glad of the possible new business !)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

And THIS the opening of an official government check down to look for Corona Virus cases - with their excellent social distances skills so evident give it a day or two and they'll not have to look too far !!! But hey it's Thailand, no way the boss is going to pass up his Photo Op to get his picture in the press doing great work for the people. This is one pic perhaps he'll look back on a wish they hadn't perhaps have taken when some of the people in it aren't with us anymore maybe due to their (own) stupidity !

check1.jpgcheck2.jpg

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/sat...victims-293357
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Within the last few minutes I received an email from the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) as follows:

Thailand travel advice

Change made
    The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the suspension of incoming international flights from 0001 on 4 April until 2359 on 6 April. Flights en route to Thailand when the change took effect can still land but those on board will be subject to 14 days’ quarantine. (‘Coronavirus’ page)

Time updated
    7:42pm, 3 April 2020
    An extract from the FCO Coronavirus page for Thailand is quoted below:

Entry and borders

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has announced the suspension of incoming international flights from 0001 on 4 April until 2359 on 6 April. Flights en route to Thailand when the change took effect can still land but those on board will be subject to 14 days’ quarantine.

An Emergency Decree entered into force on 26 March 2020, initially until 30 April. As part of this, the Thai authorities have barred all foreign nationals from entering or transiting Thailand except in certain limited circumstances. If you do not meet these criteria you should not try to enter or transit Thailand:
    Link to FCO website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...nd/coronavirus
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases