Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 42 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus - Thailand

Liked

Re: Coronavirus - Thailand

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    the Bangkok Post print edition had a good graphic today along with their usual world infections table that provides a more interesting perspective on where Thailand stands in the world league table (sorry about the image quality - it was before my first g&t)

Attachment 9810

it may be on their web site as well, I didn't notice it, but I hope they keep updating this
    I hope the Thai authorities will also carry out tests on foreigners currently being held in detention centres and lockups for various offences.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked

Today, I highlight one report from the Bangkok Post and one from The Guardian:

Nationwide night curfew starts Friday

published : 2 Apr 2020 at 18:57
    writer: Online Reporters

All people in Thailand are banned from leaving home from 10pm to 4am starting Friday in the government’s latest move to contain the spread of coronavirus.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha announced the curfew on Thursday evening.

Exempted from the curfew are medical and banking personnel, as well as logistic workers handling consumer products, farm goods, pharmaceutical products, medical supplies and equipment, newspapers, petrol, postal parcels, or products to be imported or exported. Movements of people to quarantine places are also allowed . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand...-starts-friday

And from The Guardian . . .

Asian countries face possible second wave of coronavirus infections

Daily numbers of confirmed cases rising again as people rush home to beat border closures

Helen Davidson
    Thu 2 Apr 2020 08.44 BST Last modified on Thu 2 Apr 2020 11.30 BST

Asian countries that started to feel tentative hope that their responses to the coronavirus pandemic were bearing fruit are now facing possible second waves, brought by a rush of panicked people racing home to beat border closures and quarantine orders.

As daily numbers of confirmed cases start to rise again, and new evidence of asymptomatic cases spark fear of unwitting community transmission, many have now brought in far stricter measures . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rus-infections
    Remember: Coughs and sneezes spread diseases

Liked

After listening to a radio discussion about the reliability and alleged under-reporting of China’s total number of recorded cases and deaths from Covid-19, I highlight one report from The IndianEXPRESS and one recent report from The Guardian, which some members may not have seen:

COVID-19: China concealed extent of coronavirus outbreak, US intelligence says

Deborah Birx, the State Department immunologist advising the White House on its response to the outbreak, said Tuesday that China’s public reporting influenced assumptions elsewhere in the world about the nature of the virus.

By: Bloomberg | Published: April 1, 2020 9:45:21 pm

China has concealed the extent of the coronavirus outbreak in its country, under-reporting both total cases and deaths it’s suffered from the disease, the U.S. intelligence community concluded in a classified report to the White House, according to three US officials . . .
    For the full report see: https://indianexpress.com/article/wo...-says-6342592/

And from The Guardian . . .

Senior WHO adviser appears to dodge question on Taiwan's Covid-19 response

Canadian Bruce Aylward, who visited Wuhan in February, appeared to hang up or be cut off when pressed on Taipei’s record

Helen Davidson
    @heldavidson
    Published on Mon 30 Mar 2020 05.29 BST

A senior advisor at the World Health Organization (WHO) appeared to hang up on a journalist who asked about Taiwan’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, and then did not answer further questions because they had “already talked about China”.

It comes amid continued criticism of the WHO’s approach towards both Taiwan and China. Taiwan has been excluded from participating in the World Health Assembly after heavy lobbying from China, which considers Taiwan part of its territory . . .
    For the full report see: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-19-response

Liked

And once again, to lighten the mood, I repost images first posted on facebook:

CV10.jpg

CV11.jpg

CV12.jpg

CV13.jpg

5. 5 Users gave Like to post:

BenCH (April 3rd, 2020), Brad the Impala (April 3rd, 2020), francois (April 2nd, 2020), Kenny (April 3rd, 2020), snotface (April 3rd, 2020)

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Government Imposes Nationwide Curfew

"In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Government Imposes Nationwide Curfew

There will be one hell of a lot of short time boys now switching to being "long time" -certainly between the hours of 10pm and 4am at the least !!

Actually I am joking and I hope the guys have the good sense to stay in their (overcrowded and probably equally dangerous !?) room/s and maybe just not bother going out for meets and "risking it" at all, but from the few facebook posts I viewed today today from a few Thai guys I know that doesn't quite seem to be the case unfortunately perhaps and like young people the world over there's no talking to them and they know it all and they're "fine" as it all 'ok for me now, no pob lem" .

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    ......and like young people the world over there's no talking to them and they know it all and they're "fine" as it all 'ok for me now, no pob lem" .
    Many young guys, Thai or otherwise, tend to live for today and think tomorrow will take care of itself.

Here's hoping they get through this ok.

Liked

It's well known that the coronavirus is a nocturnal being only coming out to infect during the hours of darkness. Thus this measure will certainly work.

Ok. I'm being obtuse but this highlights the huge problem that liberal countries are having. Namely that it goes against everything they hold dear to forbid people to leave their homes when they've done nothing wrong.

And it can't be marketed as being for the individuals own safety, people will take the risk. It needs to be made clear that they can infect other people.

10. User who gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (April 3rd, 2020)

Liked

Does the Thai government not understand what an airborne infectious virus is, or what's up?

What the hell is the point of a curfew? Just because the government wants to give the appearance that they're doing something, I'm assuming?

Either lock down or open up. Take your pick, Thailand. Most smart countries have decided lock down, and it does work. Just check out the virus stats for Canada, and we as a country are actually doing quite well. Trudeau our PM asked us politely to all stay home, so we collectively as a country said "no problem boss", we stayed home, and our stats currently look to be on par with Soth Korea.

Liked

Following my reporting yesterday of the announcement on Thursday evening by Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha of the nationwide curfew, I copy below an email I received from the British Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) which summarises the curfew conditions:
    Thailand travel advice

Change made
    Latest update: Update on travel restrictions and local measures introduced to limit the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) (‘Coronavirus’, ‘Return to the UK’ and ‘Entry requirements’ pages)
    Time updated
    5:25am, 3 April 2020
    Coronavirus

Social measures

In response to the impact of coronavirus the Thai authorities have introduced measures that place restrictions on public gatherings. From the evening of 3 April 2020, until further notice, a nationwide curfew will be in effect daily from 2200-0400. The only exceptions will be medical personnel, banking sector workers, transportation of essential goods, commuting to and from the airport (with flight tickets), postal delivery, and those with official night shift duty. Violation will lead to two years in jail and/or 40,000 THB fine. You should follow local guidance.

All malls in Bangkok are closed from 22 March – 30 April. Supermarkets, pharmacies, sections in malls selling foodstuffs and restaurants offering takeaway service remain open, although some restrictions on opening times have been applied. All entertainment venues such as pubs and clubs, and educational institutions are closed, as are popular tourist activities. Other provinces have imposed similar restrictions. Some provinces may impose stricter measures including curfews or lockdowns on certain premises. There are screening checkpoints in place for travel between provinces. An emergency decree came into force on 26 March 2020, initially until 30 April 2020 (subject to extension).

A number of measures have been outlined stating, among other instructions, that individuals must not:

• Enter high risk areas
    • Hoard essential goods
    • Attend public gatherings
    • Propagate false information

The Thai authorities have advised the elderly (over 70 years), children (under 5 years) and those with pre-existing medical conditions (diabetes, hypertension, respiratory diseases, lung diseases) not to leave their home except for essential purposes, such as buying groceries, conducting business transactions, going to a hospital or filing complaints to the police.

The Thai authorities have introduced instructions that all passengers must wear masks on all public transport. Many supermarkets and other businesses that remain open have the same requirement. The Thai Department of Disease Control linked the smoking of cigarettes to the impact of coronavirus. Smoking in public could result in a fine of up to 5,000 Baht. Electronic cigarettes are already illegal in Thailand and their use may incur further fines or imprisonment.

Since 26 March 2020 the Thai authorities have been implementing measures to deter travelling between provinces. A large proportion of internal bus and train routes are closed and there are some restrictions on travel between provinces. If you are taking an internal flight inside Thailand you are required to download the AOT Airports App and complete a T8 Travel Form. A number of regional airports, including Phuket, will soon be temporarily halting flights. There are a number of road checkpoints in place across Thailand so you should carry a passport as proof of identification when in public.

Internal travel is likely to become even more difficult. Further measures may be introduced at any time. All British nationals are advised to follow the advice of the Thai authorities.
    Link to FCO website: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...tent=immediate

Link to Coronavirus page: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-ad...nd/coronavirus