List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are ALL Farang in Pattaya bloody weirdos !?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Are ALL Farang in Pattaya bloody weirdos !?

As the title says - what is it with Farang in Pattaya not so much as acknowledging each other ! I get it that in ago go bar or even a beer some / most don’t want to be bothered conversing with other farang as that’s not what they’re / we’re all there for, or some seem so riddled by “guilt” for being there I the first place they can hardly look you in the eye as you pass to your seat.

But my god, I’m sitting in Deli Diner and after sitting here watching farang after farang walking in past me and totally ignoring my quiet subtle nod with a accompanied quiet “good morning” I have to ask WTF is wrong with people ( farang) here. Even if their wish is to live and communicate only with Thais surely a basic nod and a grunt of “morning” isn’t too much to expect ? ( apparently so )

Likewise I sat here for a quick bite of dinner on my way back last night ( they’re doing well out of my stay !) and there was myself and 4 other farang all at various tables and it was almost funny watching the moves they all went too to avoid each other’s glance and the silence generated between them all doing so you could have cut with a knife !

Personally I do think a lot it stems from the fact that they know that we’re all here for what we all know what THEY are here for ( and that’s NOT temples and Thai food I’m betting :-) and so they just want to stay under the radar where possible - which I guess is fine - but my god a simple good morning to a another fellow human being shouldn’t exert them TOO much I would have thought !

Oh perhaps us Irish are just a more outgoing and friendly bunch that the rest of the farang here - ha living in paradise, surrounded by hot guys and living the dream eh - ha maybe someone wants to tell that to their dour sour faces eh !! :-)

And dont even start me on the whole full length long black socks and sandals thing !! :/)

I’m thinking of writing to the guy union to send a shop steward to get a few memberships revoked as they’re SO letting the side down !! Lol

Anyway so ..... GOOD MORNING !! :/)

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

joe552 (July 22nd, 2019), Smiles (July 20th, 2019)

Banned
    Liked

Re: Are ALL Farang in Pattaya bloody weirdos !?

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    As the title says - what is it with Farang in Pattaya not so much as acknowledging each other ! I get it that in ago go bar or even a beer some / most don’t want to be bothered conversing with other farang as that’s not what they’re / we’re all there for, or some seem so riddled by “guilt” for being there I the first place they can hardly look you in the eye as you pass to your seat.
    The obvious reason is that most Westerners in Thailand are fruit loops, so the few of us with any sense don't talk to anyone who hasn't been vouched for as moderately sane by one of our other acquaintances. Ignore that rule and you'll be drawn into conversations with people with a hard luck story, or down on their luck, or first timers starry eyed about Thailand, or con merchants. There's the odd gem amongst all that dross but will the benefit of finding it outweigh the many costs?

If you don't believe me, read the ThaiVisa forums

4. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (July 20th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

The few of us with any sense you say - how the hell would you know eh as sure you’ve never even been to Thailand !!! For god sake do keep up man !! Lol

But yes I think your analysis is fairly much bang on too that many of the guys you see here do appear somewhat damaged, either emotionally, physically or mentally ( or financially !). But still fruit loops or not I still say a basic good morning shouldn’t be too much to expect.

NB My faith in humanity has been restored a little as a fairly young (40s) quite sane looking English guy also dining here and on his seeing me just finishing the Bangkok Post, came over, all on his own doing and offered me the sports section to read next which was nice of him - needless to say though being a farang in Pattaya I told him to fuck off and to stop bothering me and to shove his paper as I never bloody asked him for it did I ?!!!

( needless to say the last part WAS a joke) - however I WAS slightly more offended than anything as handing a gay guy the SPORTS section !! How very dare he ! :-). .... well unless Tom Daley is diving perhaps !

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    The few of us with any sense you say - how the hell would you know eh as sure you’ve never even been to Thailand !!! For god sake do keep up man !! Lol
    To quote lonelywombat in full (and accurately) I've "never been to Thailand or Pattaya". When you can work out what that means - more challenging than today's crossword or Sudoku - please let me know. By the way there's only one national English newspaper in Thailand now - the Bangkok Post. The Nation stopped publishing in print a week or more ago

Liked

I'd much prefer having a silent and quiet breakfast, reading my newspaper, to having a booming US Citizen wanting to tell me everything about himself, how much he earns, where he comes from and how much he spent in real money in Thailand…..

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

atri1666 (July 22nd, 2019), sglad (July 20th, 2019)

Liked

Bars (not go go bars, obviously) and coffee shops are good places to start a conversation with a stranger. Restaurants are not.

10. 2 Users gave Like to post:

snotface (July 20th, 2019), Up2U (July 20th, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I concur with all of the above, my comments were more directed at a “good morning” or just the vague nod towards the existence of another human being being in your surroundings.

A simple nod, morning and leave me in peace to read my paper and have my coffee works just fine for me too, but the good morning is just basic manners generally ..... HA i forget, it’s Pattaya, enough said ! :-)

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by lukylok View Post
    I'd much prefer having a silent and quiet breakfast, reading my newspaper, to having a booming US Citizen wanting to tell me everything about himself, how much he earns, where he comes from and how much he spent in real money in Thailand…..
    Why single out us Americans?

13. User who gave Like to post:

francois (July 20th, 2019)

Liked

How about wishing someone Guten Morgen, Bonjour, Bongiorno, Buenos días, Shalom...? At random order someone might acknowledge with a smile.

15. 2 Users gave Like to post:

sglad (July 20th, 2019), Up2U (July 20th, 2019)

Liked

No. It starts with 'hello' and ends with 'see you at the meatloaf festival this evening'. To quote Thatcher.
    No, no, no.