Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Where should I stay in Bangkok?

Liked

Where should I stay in Bangkok?

Hi. Got a couple of days in BKK very soon.

Last time I stayed there was in late 17, at Bed By Surrawong, Patpong. This was five minutes walk North of Surawong Rd. I was a regular at Soi Twilight those few nights, and I enjoyed it very much, but I gather that's not where it's all happening these days.

So should I stay closer to Silom Rd this time? Where's a good nexus point these days?

Also, any good hotel recommendations would be appreciated. Ideally, I'd like to keep my budget within 1200THB/n.

Liked

Re: Where should I stay in Bangkok?

If you are a fast walker, stay at the Pinnacle Lumpinee (spelling?). It is about a fast 20 minute walk to the Patpong area, where the action seems to be now.

If you book through Jimmy First or other agents, you can get good rooms there for about 1200-1400 or so night, and that includes a very good, all-you-can-eat breakfast, with decent coffee.

There is no problem with joiners (even a two joiners for threesome) if you book a room for a couple.

3. User who gave Like to post:

snotface (May 31st, 2019)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Nantra in the soi off silom toward Prima massage/Coco restrt etc. has a website, I think if booked online still with rooms <1000. has some later reviews about being not super clean though.
    otherwise just use booking.com and use all the many features it offers. ALL HTLs around Silom (NOT hoStels) will expect you to come back with visitors, does not matter m/f. Some have also rec'd some airB&b in sois off silom toward Satorn.
    Soi hotmale/twili has def. closed alltogether, as has been prominently posted her a zillion times.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by pong View Post
    Nantra in the soi off silom toward Prima massage/Coco restrt etc. has a website, I think if booked online still with rooms <1000. has some later reviews about being not super clean though.
    The Nantra is OK if you are content with dirty bed sheets, gaps in the floor laminate and desperately poor bathrooms with plumbing not working properly, piss poor cleaning and general signs of decay.
    You might even get allocated a room that's exactly as it was when the previous guest walked out (necessitating a walk back to reception).

Tragic, as the location is good and all it would need is a little management aptitude to fix this up. I imagine they will close at some point.