List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

Liked

Re: Airport-to-Pattaya taxi service recommendations?

For many years I have been using the Mr T taxi service in Pattaya for getting me from my apartment in Bangkok to my hotel of choice in Pattaya and back to Bangkok. I think the price in March 2018 was ฿1,100. The journeys over the years have been, more or less problem free, although I did not much like the habit of some drivers to continually chat on their mobile phone while driving at speed and not paying 100% attention to their driving. And, much to my annoyance, one driver back in February or March 2018 seemed to go round in circles before we eventually left Bangkok, adding approximately one hour to my journey time! For all these reasons I thought it prudent not to recommend Mr T to Marsillius.

But given the positive reviews for The Limo Pattaya from several members on this thread, I shall certainly take advantage of their services the next time I need to get from Bangkok to Pattaya. I have therefore bookmarked their web page for future reference and I have provided a link to their website for the benefit of members and readers: http://thelimopattaya.com/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

And if you are going to the Airport (not going to Pattaya) they often phone to make sure you are ready.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Just booked The Limo Pattaya from U-Tapao for the first time so hopefully they'll be as good as your recommendation Gerefan
    So, just got the booking confirmation back from The Limo Pattaya where for the first time they confirmed their price for pick from U-Tapao to Mosaik as 2000 baht inc toll. Maybe I'm being tight but does that not sound just a little bit high perhaps for what is no more than a 35/40 minute transfer ??

I'm guessing their logic with Swampy etc is that they can maybe pick up and drop off in either direction if they hit lucky but with U-Tapao maybe not ?

So, just out of interest does anyone know what a standard taxi charges for this type of run ( I see 800 baht mentioned on line) as whilst it's not the end of the world I like more people always hate to feel I'm getting over charged ( if that is indeed the case and perhaps it maybe it isn't - hence my question?)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Have you not looked at their marvelous website!!
    Its 900 from U Tapau to Pattaya.
    Query it with them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I did notice that 900 figure but also noted that thats actually from Pattaya to U-Tapao NOT the other way around and noted then their quoted 1800 baht "round trip" figure they're quoting on their site, so I'm assuming that they're (trying) to charge the round trip fare plus toll.

I have an email away to them to confirm my thinking and if they still try to (stick me) for a round trip fare seeing as my flight arrives in during the middle of the afternoon I think I'll just cancel and take my chances with a standard airport taxi perhaps.

Liked

So, just got the booking confirmation back from The Limo Pattaya where for the first time they confirmed their price for pick from U-Tapao to Mosaik as 2000 baht inc toll. Maybe I'm being tight but does that not sound just a little bit high perhaps for what is no more than a 35/40 minute transfer ??

I'm guessing their logic with Swampy etc is that they can maybe pick up and drop off in either direction if they hit lucky but with U-Tapao maybe not ?

So, just out of interest does anyone know what a standard taxi charges for this type of run ( I see 800 baht mentioned on line) as whilst it's not the end of the world I like more people always hate to feel I'm getting over charged ( if that is indeed the case and perhaps it maybe it isn't - hence my question?)
    Well, what did you expect when introducing the kiss-of-death comment?!

Bt2000 seems way out of line, it will be interesting to hear their response. First time I've come across any issue with them.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Well, what did you expect when introducing the kiss-of-death comment?! .
    You're right, all my own doing !! Just checked back and last year ( on Grab or Uber ?) I paid 900 and was told it was 800 during the day so fairly sure they're simply trying to charge me the double fare for the drive out to get me and then bring me back in - which is logical but if offering an airport taxi service it's a bit much to ask your passenger to pay you from the depot to go get them and THEN their fare as well and as they don't (try) to get away with that for Swampy and all the other airports.

You'd think looking at the bigger picture they'd build that into their overall charges and not then try to load that on to just U-Tapuo collection - but hey TIT and perhaps they just simply dont get that many pick ups from there to make it worth their while - but THAT as they say is THEIR problem and it's also a bit chicken and egg as when trying to charge 2000 baht it's perhaps also not surprising they dont get more fares from there !

But yes, will be interesting to see their response.

Liked

Outrageous pricing for such a short trip. If I remember correctly, taxi display boards were showing somewhere around the 900~1000 mark for Utuapao.

As they are taking the Mick, I would try quite hard to find another taxi firm and cancel the first one. The following link could be a start, but I have no idea if they are any good. I have tried the minibus for 250 baht and think it was fine, particularly if you have plenty of time before the gogo bars open.

https://www.pattayaunlimited.com/fli...tapao-airport/

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by goji View Post
    Outrageous pricing for such a short trip.

As they are taking the Mick, I would try quite hard to find another taxi firm and cancel the first one.

]
    Goji....you are jumping the gun somewhat. Nirish has yet to hear from the taxi company as to whether it is a mistake.
    I suspect, having used them for years (and for the same journey) that this is a genuine mistake.
    Could be an error on either side...did you make a mistake booking it??
    Let’s wait until tomorrow and see what Nirish says....assuming he has queried it.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    Goji....you are jumping the gun somewhat. Nirish has yet to hear from the taxi company as to whether it is a mistake.
    My comments are based on their quote.

Taxi firms generally know the price to local airports. If the abnormally high quote turns out to be a "mistake", then obviously a different decision is required.