I know that more and more meetings are being arranged via Hornet/Romeo etc. but I have to say that I have never used them to meet a companion du jour. Until now!

I have downloaded Hornet and have been taking a look at the available company. It appeals to me but in this respect I am a novice. In the past twenty-six years I have only ever met company in host bars or go-go bars so I would be very interested to hear of the modus operandi of those who find these apps effective.

For example, do you arrange to meet at a bar to assess compatibility before moving off for a meal/drink/hotel etc.? What if the 'take-away' arrives and he bears absolutely no resemblance to the profile photos and you don't like what you see? Do you offer him a tip, make you excuses and slip away? What about ID? What Buddhist date should it indicate now in 2019 to ensure that the young man is of legal age if he's a twink?

The advantage of the go-go bar is that it lends itself to a more intimate assessment of your prospective companion. With the dating app there is surely a greater element of risk in the de-robing room of discovering, for example, that the stunning face is compromised by a body afflicted by a skin issue or where every square inch of skin is covered in tattoos (although some may like that)!

I'd be intrigued to hear of the good and not so good experiences / advice from experienced advocates of the dating app.