Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Pakbungloifah Restaurant

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Pakbungloifah Restaurant

It’s the place as you come out of Boyztown onto Second Road, turn left and walk about 200 metres.
    You will recognise it for its steel tables and chairs. Basic large Thai food outlet. Usually ok.

BUT, I ate there a few weeks ago (just chicken fried rice and a drink) which is usually just over 100 baht, but was 280 or so.

Last night I tried again and had Chicken with cashew nuts, 1 large beer and an ice cream. 454 Baht.

Their prices have rocketed. Be aware.

You can eat well in the Ambiance Restaurant for less than that.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Pakbungloifah Restaurant

It seems to appeal to Chinese tourists. I remember it years ago (with a different name) for its nightly show when a cooked vegetable was hurled across 2nd road and caught by one of the staff in a pan. It would draw large crowds. Was it called The Flaming Vegetable? opr something similar?
    Since you mention Ambiance, I'm told that it will soon be enlarging its restaurant as part of its renovation programme. The hotel seemed to me to be the one positive feature of Boyztown last week.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2 View Post
    It seems to appeal to Chinese tourists. I remember it years ago (with a different name) for its nightly show when a cooked vegetable was hurled across 2nd road and caught by one of the staff in a pan. It would draw large crowds. Was it called The Flaming Vegetable? opr something similar?
    Since you mention Ambiance, I'm told that it will soon be enlarging its restaurant as part of its renovation programme. The hotel seemed to me to be the one positive feature of Boyztown last week.
    It was “The flying vegetable” they have a branch on Pattaya Nua across from a gas station near Sukhumvit it’s customers are Local Thais with reasonable prices.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Forum's veteran
    Liked

They were still hurling the food across second road the other evening regardless of the traffic!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    BUT, I ate there a few weeks ago (just chicken fried rice and a drink) which is usually just over 100 baht, but was 280 or so.

Last night I tried again and had Chicken with cashew nuts, 1 large beer and an ice cream. 454 Baht.

Their prices have rocketed. Be aware.
    No prices on the menu?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Funny you should ask that, but as I do not order by price I didnt really look.

However, only yesterday, I wondered the same thing and come to think of it I’m not sure that the prices were on the menu. If they werent that’s bad form.

If I was going back I would check.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Funny you should ask that, but as I do not order by price I didnt really look.

However, only yesterday, I wondered the same thing and come to think of it I’m not sure that the prices were on the menu. If they werent that’s bad form.

If I was going back I would check.

Further to the above I was in Nathan’s (Jomtien) yesterday and there were two of us. We had Beef Strogonof, a pork steak,two large deserts, one coke and 3 beers. All for 1320 baht.
    And it was “Aroy”.