Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long term rental and high speed internet

Liked

Long term rental and high speed internet

I'd be very grateful for any views on hotels/condo blocks (view Talay e.g.), offering comfortable, clean, long-term rental opportunities with reliable high speed internet. The internet reliability and speed are important.

Interesting to note that many of the expats in Pattaya (indeed throughout Thailand) prefer to rent long-term rather than buy (if, indeed, they go on to buy at all). I would think it a very wise move to try to rent before buying in any foreign country.

Any info/views gratefully received.

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Re: Long term rental and high speed internet

I would suggest you only rent so if you choose not to stay in L.O.S. you are not stuck in a bad market trying to unload your property, I am referring to Pattaya and there is a huge supply of long term rentals......Go to any real estate office in the area you like.....the owner pays the fee...not you.
    As for high speed internet there are many options, if you see a rental you want and it does not have internet you can install it at no great expense.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

Liked

Many thanks for this suggestion.

Liked

The condominium block contracts for the internet provider. For example, View Talay 5 and 7 have both 3BB and TOT. I personally prefer 3BB after having both. View Talay 2 has a fiber option with CAT. CAT is said to be the most reliable.

Liked

The only time in my life where I did not have problems with WiFi was when I was renting a room in 2013 and had to have WiFi installed and had to have my own contract with telecommunications company. The entire year of my stay not a single problem with WiFi!

Everywhere else, be it Germany at my parents' home, when I was living and working in France, my current room in Bangkok, there are problems (WiFi outage or slow) between once per year and once per month, and there was a time here in Bangkok when I had to get out of my room to re-start the router in the hallway almost daily.

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    I'd be very grateful for any views on hotels/condo blocks (view Talay e.g.), offering comfortable, clean, long-term rental opportunities with reliable high speed internet. The internet reliability and speed are important.
    Check out ABC Rentals Pattaya. French owned I believe. Short and long-term rentals. Google for their website. Quick response & reliable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    The condominium block contracts for the internet provider. For example, View Talay 5 and 7 have both 3BB and TOT. I personally prefer 3BB after having both. View Talay 2 has a fiber option with CAT. CAT is said to be the most reliable.
    Many thanks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by christianpfc View Post
    The only time in my life where I did not have problems with WiFi was when I was renting a room in 2013 and had to have WiFi installed and had to have my own contract with telecommunications company. The entire year of my stay not a single problem with WiFi!

Everywhere else, be it Germany at my parents' home, when I was living and working in France, my current room in Bangkok, there are problems (WiFi outage or slow) between once per year and once per month, and there was a time here in Bangkok when I had to get out of my room to re-start the router in the hallway almost daily.
    Sounds like a real challenge in those days. I'm beginning to think that a shared wi-fi, serving a hotel/condo block, is going to be pretty unreliable.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    Check out ABC Rentals Pattaya. French owned I believe. Short and long-term rentals. Google for their website. Quick response & reliable.
    Thak you Eddie.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post
    Sounds like a real challenge in those days. I'm beginning to think that a shared wi-fi, serving a hotel/condo block, is going to be pretty unreliable.
    If you rent a condo, and don't want to bother with landline cobtracts with 3BB and TOT, you can buy a 6 months 4G SIM card, it's truly unlimited data, you pay one time fee, and for 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months you will have about 20mbps download, and same speed upload with a sim card. AIS calls this a Net Marathon 4G, I think 6 months total is about 1200 Baht, TrueMove also, I use True 6 months pre paid 4G SIM, 1400 Baht total cost for 6 months, no data restriction, the speeds I quoted are accurate, from Speedtest.
    If you want links to True Move 4G, let me know, their web site is impossible to navigate.
    These long term prepaid 4G are better than land lines, in my opinion, you have it in your phone, so everywhere you go, and at home you do the WiFi hotspot for laptop.

11. User who gave Like to post:

poshglasgow (November 2nd, 2018)