I wonder how many members have been approached via the Apps by scammers. The tell-tale signs are the scammer is far away (thousands of kilometres), much younger, looking for a serious long-term relationship and (if you can work out their date of joining) someone who's only just signed up with that profile. My profile states quite clearly that I'm only interested in "fun" so someone who contacts me fitting the profile I've described I assume is a scammer. Today's (via Jack'd) was typical - he claimed to be an American from Florida serving his country in Iraq. Reports of this sort of scam in the mass media point to lonely women being scammed out of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars by such a person

What do you do? I usually string them along, expressing an interest and asking when their tour of duty will finish - the answer is almost always in two to four months. Today's said "under 3 months" so I suggested meeting up for Christmas. He was less than enthusiastic when I suggested I fly to Florida to meet him - he wanted to come to me and I knew the next question would be a request for money for the ticket. When I insisted I'd be flying to see him, and then asked if he could help me with money for the ticket, he blocked me!

Jack'd and Hornet are mostly the Apps that support these scammers. Hornet are particularly responsive when I report scammers or solicitations - and they also show how long the profile has been active (usually under an hour). Jack'd never respond. I've not has this problem with profiles on Grindr