Dear Forum,

I have been an avid reader of this forum, and would first like to thank you all for the impressive knowledge base you have developed - for me and many others an enormous help to get some understanding of the unique bar scene in Thailand.

I would like to share my operating mode in this bar scene and hear your thoughts and considerations.

About once per month, I love throwing myself in the nightlife of BKK, with main focus on the boysbars. I go all in on these night and easily end up spending 30 - 40,000 baht or more, with no regret. To add some color, short summary of my last spree:

- Started at Screw Boys. Had a beer and called one of the boys from the stage. Hot muscled early 20s. The boy was from Vietnam, not very interesting - didnt get any further then the 'name, where from' and creepy smile. With the bad reviews of Vietnam boys at Screw Boys in mind on this forum, I left after paying my beer and the guys classic 300baht fanta.
- Moved over to the new bar, right above Screw Boys. I was the only customers, with 20 boys on stage. To reduce the akwardness of being eyeballed by all boys, I asked the waitor to have a beer with me. Turned out to be a nice guy from Laos with strong English skills. I asked a hot boy with a perfect sixpack to join and the three of us had a couple of beers. they turned out to be quite funny and engaging, so I off-ed both. Bill somewhere near the end of 2000 baht, payed 3000 baht and left with the boys.
- I asked them where they wanted to go. They never went to dream boy, so I took them there, stayed there somewhat more then an hour. I called two boys I offed on previous visits to join and have some beers. I left with a bill close to 5000, rounded it to 5, and gave 1000 baht to the two dreamboys guys before leaving with the two boys I arrived with.
- Quick stop at the beer bar accross dream boys. There is hardly ever a single customer in that bar, but the owner is actually a friendly Thai guy. So I typically have a stop there so he makes some business. Bill of 900, rounded to 1000.
- Moved to Golden Cock with the same two guys. We had two bottles of Whiskey there and some beers, which got all dicks out of the boys in the bar. Bill and tips was close to 10000 baht. I left with the sixpack guy and gave the waitor boy I offed 3000 baht before sending him home.
- Took sixpack guy home, had a good fuck, me as top. The morning after he fucked me. Quite a passionate guy. I gave him 8000 baht before he left, almost started to cry of hapiness.

Some closing facts and thoughts:

- I am a hard working expat, end 30s. I earn an indecent salary of close to 1mn baht after tax - i realize this is a bit awkward to mention, but just want to illustrate that i can afford these frenzies without hurting myself financially.
- I do realize I am ripped off from all sides on those nights, but dont care so much about that. I just enjoy the moment a lot, i believe i treat everybody i interact with in a decent matter.
- i am not looking for anything sustainable in any way. During one of my first sprees about a year ago, I once made the mistake to add a boy on my Line account, which proved to be a terrible move, getting a 'I miss you' at least every single day. As of then I never made that same mistake, so I dont interact with those guys except when we meet again in a bar - of course they are 'happy' to see me again then.

The only negative effect I can think of, is that I am ruining the market...But then again, having a few stupid farangs like me overspending occasionally could not really move the market of 100s of boys upside down I guess. The consideration of my mini market distortion is for me not strong enough to halt my monthly spree.

I would love to hear your input and/or hear from other forum members that might have developed the same bad habbits like me over time.

Many thanks