Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

I think I know Jomtien -but I don't!

Dearly beloved Brethren...

I am about to embark on what will be my thirtieth visit to Pattya in twenty-five years.

Last Christmas (George Michael?), I took the plunge and stayed for the first time in Jomtien, after years of residing in Boystown and the Soi Day-Night area. I enjoyed staying in Jomtien so much last December that I have decided to visit again imminently - within days - having just spotted a return non-stop flight from LHR to BKK with Thai for £530. Isn't the quest for good value tickets like fishing? You sit staring at the screen and wait. You cast the net and its the same old inflated prices or lengthy stopovers mid-way, and then BANG, you net one of these sudden gems that appears on the airline's main site rather than on the site of a broker. I can recall paying that kind of money over twenty years ago with Thai. Mind you, last Autumn Thai were quoting over £1,000 for the same flight for the Christmas period. The Christmas period? Why does that dreadful joke come to mind? Why does Boots the Chemist adorn all of their tampons with holly and mistletoe in December? When shoppers complained a spokesman was heard to say, "Calm down, dear, it's just for the Christmas period"!

A few questions, if I may, for those aficionados of Jomtien: in other words, those who know the ins and outs (no double entendre intended). The lay of the land?

1. I have moved away from the traditional English breakfast in favour of fresh croissants (continental breakfast) and good coffee. Any recommendations please within the vicinity of Jomtien Complex?
    2. I am a fan of the show at The Venue, so I will have a couple of beers before and after. Any recommendations re: reasonably priced beer bars, with or without host company, where customers are less likely to be ripped off by over-priced beers?
    3. Always happy to hear of other members' contemporary recommendations in terms of venues for evening meals in Jomtien.
    4. Finally, I am going to use my in-phone apps (romeo, hornet and grindr) to seek some company when I don't appear in Toy Boys, Nice Boys or Cupidol. Is there an app that is favoured more than others in Pattaya? It's my first attempt at fishing using apps! I wonder what I'll catch? (Yes, yes, I know what's coming)!

Here endeth the lesson!

2. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (July 20th, 2018), travelerjim (June 14th, 2018)