Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: condo rental

Liked

condo rental

,,Why all the fuss about short time condo rental ?, have just been reading gaybuttons site and there are guys complaning about short time rental of 1 month or less , I always rent a condo for my visit as only stay for about 2 weeks

Liked

Re: condo rental

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    ,,Why all the fuss about short time condo rental ?, have just been reading gaybuttons site and there are guys complaning about short time rental of 1 month or less , I always rent a condo for my visit as only stay for about 2 weeks
    Because not far ago court in Hua Hin ruled what renting condos less than for 1 month is illegal for owner, unless he obtains hotel/guesthouse license.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Forum's veteran Manforallseasons's Avatar
    Liked

Actually the court ruled against airbnb....They have enacted a different law that in theory any owner of property that is rented for less then 30 days must be registered as a hotel have a license and pay tax on the rental income. The complaints come from people that own and live in their condos and are subject to undesirable short term tenants.
    "In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king"

4. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (June 5th, 2018)

Liked

We are in the mist of a crackdown of illegal hotels, guesthouses and condos under a revision to the Hotel Act of 2016 with a compliance date of 2020. For me personally and many of my friends the situation is becoming intolerable as our condominium homes become illegal hotels during the high season. It was not like this several years ago and is only getting worse. Recently the Atlantis condo (Jomtien 2nd Road) was raided and more to come (hopefully my project).

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/7-ar...l-raids-208891

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    We are in the mist of a crackdown of illegal hotels, guesthouses and condos under a revision to the Hotel Act of 2016 with a compliance date of 2020. For me personally and many of my friends the situation is becoming intolerable as our condominium homes become illegal hotels during the high season. It was not like this several years ago and is only getting worse. Recently the Atlantis condo (Jomtien 2nd Road) was raided and more to come (hopefully my project).

http://www.pattayamail.com/news/7-ar...l-raids-208891
    Are you saying i should not rent a condo for my holiday of 2 weeks and that i should only stay in a hotel or guesthouse ? If so why should that be?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

TiT I’m afraid!

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Are you saying i should not rent a condo for my holiday of 2 weeks and that i should only stay in a hotel or guesthouse ? If so why should that be?
    Many guesthouses are not registered and illegal too. When I moved to Pattaya seven years ago you couldn't find condo landlord that would rent for any term less than six months but I fortunately did find one for three months while my own condo was being renovated. All that changed with airbnb, booking.com, etc basically flaunting the law. This whole condo rental issue will take several years to sort out so I don't know if you will have a problem but that's only my opinion. When I first visited Pattaya (last century) my friends and I stayed at places like the Ambiance, Cafe Royal, Serene, Welcome, Icon, Poseidon, etc. A good friend rents in my building twice a year, he pays for one month although he stays only three weeks.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Up2U View Post
    Many guesthouses are not registered and illegal too. When I moved to Pattaya seven years ago you couldn't find condo landlord that would rent for any term less than six months but I fortunately did find one for three months while my own condo was being renovated. All that changed with airbnb, booking.com, etc basically flaunting the law. This whole condo rental issue will take several years to sort out so I don't know if you will have a problem but that's only my opinion. When I first visited Pattaya (last century) my friends and I stayed at places like the Ambiance, Cafe Royal, Serene, Welcome, Icon, Poseidon, etc. A good friend rents in my building twice a year, he pays for one month although he stays only three weeks.
    I was like you in that when i first started to visit pattaya , i also stayed at the cafe and then later at the poseidon . But then the hotel rates got dearer and when i retired my income got smaller, like most of us and now with the crap exchange rates even worse , , I then found a condo for rent for my two weeks twice a year in view talay 5 where i stayed for a few years , and i am now staying in view talay 7, for far less than i would be paying in a hotel. I for one would not be like your friend ie paying for 1 month and only staying for 3 weeks , a complete waste of my money.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Issue with BnB and other suchlike short term rentals in apartment blocks is the fact that they are on holiday and will party/make noise whenever they want for as long as they like, there is increased wear and tear in common areas as you have guests dragging suitcases and money boys in and out every 5 minutes, and in addition to this park where they like and dont follow the condo rules as they either havent been told or beacuse they dont care as they are a guest and the guest/customer is always right mentality does exist.
    I should know as for about 6 months I lived in a small 12 unit apartment block and the one next to me was used as a BnB...was a never ending nightmare.

Liked

Was the never ending nightmare that the BnB customers wouldn't stop complaining about your proclivities?