I posted the below in the forum thread re a conversation I was having there with Moses and just realised I probably should have posted it up here too to enable more people to read it - so any tips gratefully received.

"My friend had asked for a quick update on where he should stay / where was a good hotel in Phuket close to the Paradise gay area etc, so I was trying to search for that but couldn't......turns out it all worked out for the best as I just decided to go with him instead to show him !

Actually I STILL haven't found any suitable hotel around there and my local knowledge there is a bit out of date so if anyone has any suggestions. please feel free to post same. I'd quite happily stay bang in the centre of the paradise area in just a so so cheap place ( we're only staying for 2 nights !), but my friend is more of a Accor hotel quality type man and so is asking me do I know ARE there any Accor hotels close by ( or hotels of a similar corporate standard I guess ) but close to the gay area as we both want to avoid the taxi mafia ( and I want to be close to the action for carry outs ) - so, anyone any suggestions perhaps ??