Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: May's Urban Thai restaurant

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Liked

May's Urban Thai restaurant

As a rule I'm not very fond of Thai food and eat it perhaps two or three times a month. I dislike all seafood, which doesn't help. Last night, based on great reviews of it on Tripadvisor where it's a top ten Pattaya restaurant, I decided to try May's Urban Thai restaurant. It's located on Thepprasit road about a five minute walk from the Thappraya road end, just past Maggs. It's a small cosy place with dark walls and concrete floor and lots of flowers and hanging plants to cheer it up. About half full when I arrived at about 7.30. I was served by the manageress Emily who was very friendly and helpful. The menu has many meat and seafood options but when I said I like to eat vegetarian she produced a separate vegetarian menu with many items and hardly any of the dreaded bean curd or tofu regulars in sight. On her recommendation I chose the mixed vegetable curry. While I was waiting a small goblet of pineapple juice, an amuse bouche and a face towel arrived gratis.

My mixed vegetable curry had a good selection of vegetables and none of those hard little pea things which many places seem to consider compulsory. The curry sauce was mild (as requested) and flavourful - so delicious that I spooned up the remnants of it once the vegetables were finished. For dessert I had the coconut pancake with coconut ice cream and jackfruit slivers. Only minor complaint - the ice cream wasn't fully thawed out. The bill, including a soft drink, was just under 500 baht which was reasonable considering the quality of the food. The place gets a big thumbs up from me and I will return to try more of the interesting-looking vegetarian options. I might also try the massaman curry with imported beef which receives many positive comments.

If you'd like to see menu items with pictures click on the Pattaya branch and the menu tag will appear.

https://mays.restaurant/

2. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (January 25th, 2018), Jellybean (January 25th, 2018), joe552 (January 25th, 2018), neddy3 (January 25th, 2018)