Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: seasons high and low

Liked

seasons high and low

Do you think its time to stop calling the months Nov to April high season apart from the period week before xmas to week after new year. Apart from these I think nowadays it all low season, all it does is to give hotels more time to increase room rates, but of course we must remember this is Thailand , and to make up for lack of business just increase the amount you charge

Liked

Re: seasons high and low

Judging by the number of farang in Sunee Plaza and Jomtien, there is definitely an upswing in tourists beginning in November. Tonight will check out Boyztown.

Liked

Since I can measure it directly via bookings at Siamroads, I can tell: you are wrong - November-February and then mid of April is still high season. Guides at Siamroads are nonstop 100% booked in Thailand from second part of October for next 15-20 days, while at summer it was 50-60% and it was allowed "last minute booking". Second part of December + first part of January are peak season (holidays).
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

Liked

Siamroads is fully booked. That is excellent news. I am sure this is in no small part due to the warm and friendly membership here. Can we expect a generous commission? Haha.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    Can we expect a generous commission? Haha.
    Sure, it is already paid - for our server.
    Bali (Indonesia), Cambodia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Laos: gay guides and companions http://siamroads.com

6. 4 Users gave Like to post:

arsenal (November 9th, 2017), colmx (November 10th, 2017), ggobob (November 10th, 2017), joe552 (November 9th, 2017)

Liked

This will be my first time visiting Pattaya in high season - I've always gone in June before. It will be interesting to compare the 2.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

I've only been once in "high season" (cue MiniMee) - and it was certainly much busier than Sept/Oct which is my usual time for visiting (cue MiniMee again).

I had one of the suites atop Copa and it was quite exciting to look down and see the busy street below

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by aot871 View Post
    Do you think its time to stop calling the months Nov to April high season apart from the period week before xmas to week after new year. Apart from these I think nowadays it all low season, all it does is to give hotels more time to increase room rates, but of course we must remember this is Thailand , and to make up for lack of business just increase the amount you charge
    From personal experience (and December is the only month which I've never visited Thailand in 18 or so years I've been coming to Thailand) November 1 to February 28, I have always considered to be high season and always will.

Best hint for this are flights from Europe, which start climbing November and stay high through most of Feb and start to go down begining of March. Also all the repeat/regular things/places I book year-on-year seem to mirror this. Mosaik, East-Suites, previously Flamingo, Bkk hotels, regional flights in Thailand, KLM/AF flights from Europe, bar happy hours etc all seem to use the Nov-Feb>April plan and have different pricing from April-Oct. That, as well as simply the amount of customers in the venues/bars etc.. However within this high season as you say is the 'peak' season and I think that has shrunk a little, well that's what the bars owners/managers/waiters claim.

Many hotels/guesthouses do push the high season label from End February through to April simply because Songkran is another peak during it and rather than stop at Feb and start again April just push the high season rates straight through till after the songkran period.

From Late April through june to October there is definitely a change to 'low season'. I personally definitely find a big difference in visitor numbers and what is available generally when I go in my usual months of June/July and Sept/Oct compared to late Jan/Feb.

10. User who gave Like to post:

Moses (November 10th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by newalaan2 View Post
    Many hotels/guesthouses do push the high season label from End February through to April simply because Songkran is another peak during it and rather than stop at Feb and start again April just push the high season rates straight through till after the songkran period.
    Not only Songkran but Chinese New Year falls in January/February and a lot of Asians travel to Thailand during that time. March to mid-May is also when Thai schools close for the 'summer' and there's a lot of internal travel then.

Liked

There will always be a high season. It has been ages since I have been here at this time of year, and I had forgotten just how much cooler it is.
    Last edited by Dalewood; November 10th, 2017 at 03:23. Reason: Mistake