Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Airport to Pattaya

Liked

Airport to Pattaya

newalaan mentioned a limo company that charged Bt1200 from the airport to Pattaya. Using Google, I found "thelimopattaya" or some such. Stupid question approaching - is a sedan an ordinary "family" car? In times past, I've paid up to 1500 for car to Pattaya. I don't actually want a limo - I'm a professional cheap charlie, after all.

So the perennial question - recommendations for transport from the airport. And christian, I'm not taking a bus!

Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Re: Airport to Pattaya

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    newalaan mentioned a limo company that charged Bt1200 from the airport to Pattaya. Using Google, I found "thelimopattaya" or some such. Stupid question approaching - is a sedan an ordinary "family" car? In times past, I've paid up to 1500 for car to Pattaya. I don't actually want a limo - I'm a professional cheap charlie, after all.

So the perennial question - recommendations for transport from the airport. And christian, I'm not taking a bus!
    Thelimopattaya is the one I use and refer to in my report. They use the term 'sedan' to describe one of their luxury/family cars which can be either large Hondas, Toyota Camrays and the like, but yes, just large family cars. They also provide bottle of water in the service. The price is Bt1200 either way Pattaya/Jomtien to Suvarnabhumi Airport inc tolls. The driver waits at airport exit 3 where most of the independent taxi firms wait, with your name on a sign, they also give a mobile number to call if early/late, but they are always waiting ahead of your flight arrival time. No stop offs to re-fuel, and careful drivers who go no faster than 120kph.

Liked

Exactly the answer I was hoping for, newalaan. Thanks so much.

By the way, and you may find this a bit insensitive, whatever happened to oldalaan?

I just submitted my booking. Thanks again, newalaan.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

I thought your friends were picking you up for 1500 baht, which is why I replied giving you Taxi details...

Banned
    Liked

http://www.mikepattayataxi.com

I use these guys from Bangkok (city) to Pattaya for 1200b.

They do Swampy airport to Pattaya for 1000b.
    I have never had anything but good service and cars from these guys. Big comfortable cars, free water provided, no stops althought they will if you ask. Stopped for a snack and a bathroom break before, no issue at all.

One company I would advise anyone to avoid (like the fucking plague) are these guys: http://www.pttaxiservice.com

There are great options if you do some research and talk to a few people who do the trip on a monthly or bi-weekly basis.
    In my opinion, 1200b from swampy to Pattaya is over-priced. I would want a stretch limo with free alcohol to justify the extra 200+ baht fee some of you are paying.

6. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 22nd, 2017)

Liked

I'm absolutely with you on pttaxis. Horrible and on occasions a terrifying white knuckle ride. I've stopped using taxi companies, now I just go down to the taxi rank and get in one. It's a little bit more money but hassle free. The driver still gets the iced coffee I always buy for them (and they never drink) but I tell them the tip is included in the 1500 baht.

Banned
    Liked

I use AoT from Swampy and Uber limo to Swampy unless I take the Airport Link but as previously reported the last time I did that I found my Airport Link card had expired, so infrequently do I use it. The only thing you have to watch for with AoT is their "special price" which you ignore completely (learning the Thai word for "bullsh*t" is useful - or indeed apposite - in this context) and getting them to show you their lowest price Toyota Camry. I avoid taxis at all costs anywhere in Bangkok unless there is literally no alternative

Liked

I've had good and bad experiences with thelimopattaya over the years. One time the driver had an accident on the way to pick me up in Bangkok which ended up being a bit of a pain trying to deal with them over the phone. And more than once I've had to wait for them to show up at the airport to pick me up. Some drivers are better than others. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the drivers just belong to a big pool that all of the car services use.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    I use AoT from Swampy and Uber limo to Swampy unless I take the Airport Link but as previously reported the last time I did that I found my Airport Link card had expired, so infrequently do I use it. The only thing you have to watch for with AoT is their "special price" which you ignore completely (learning the Thai word for "bullsh*t" is useful - or indeed apposite - in this context) and getting them to show you their lowest price Toyota Camry. I avoid taxis at all costs anywhere in Bangkok unless there is literally no alternative
    I think the Thai 'sh-t bull' is not 'bull' at all but 'khee nok'

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by gerefan2 View Post
    I thought your friends were picking you up for 1500 baht, which is why I replied giving you Taxi details...
    I think that was my last trip, gerefan. He doesn't drive, so got his cousin to pick me up. I'd prefer a proper car this time (seatbelts were broken in cousin's car)