Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How far is the Pattaya airport from South Pattaya

Liked: 1

How far is the Pattaya airport from South Pattaya

I arrive in Pattaya next Saturday , alas just for 3 days because I travel this time with a pervert (read straight) friend who really loves Phuket.
    I've been many times to Pattaya but never had the urge to go to Phuket, this time I have to go there for the other 18 days of my holiday.
    The Pattaya hotel is booked, but we never looked further than that, I know there is an airport nearby Pattaya that does daily flights to Phuket, How far from South Pattaya is that airport and how long does it take to get there?
    And yes I know UTFS , but I could not find it :dontknow:

Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Re: How far is the Pattaya airport from South Pattaya

I presume you mean U Tapao.

I have only used it once and bear in mind I was half-drunk - but from memory it is 30-40 mins from South Pattaya but bizarrely the taxi fare is not proportionately cheaper!

Anyway, I would recommend it - spotlessly clean and no delays (probably because there are almost no bloody flights!) - the only downside is that you are tied to using Bangkok Air to get to HKT, and their prices are on a par (almost) with Thai rather than the cheaper options available from SUV/BKK.

Worth a try just to say you've done it - that's always been my motto!!

arty

tnx Scottish,

about he air fare, we wil be negotiable that to 1500 thb max. if not that we swim.
    my friend is a very good swimmer , i'm not that good a swimmer and have to stay in Pattays than .
    I almost hope the airfare is higher , haha
    Ofcourse I go with other Falang, it's my job, but you are the only one I love :)

Well, the last time I priced Bangkok Air from U Tapao to Phuket it was more like 6000B return - so your friend better start swimming :sign5:

Liked

We use U-tapao several times a month for mostly business and can highly recommend it ... very little hassle involved BUT it is Bangkok Air that flies to Phuket from there, and you wont find a seat for B1,500 ... more likely to be just over B2,000 if you book well in advance.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Patexpat
    We use U-tapao several times a month for mostly business and can highly recommend it ... very little hassle involved BUT it is Bangkok Air that flies to Phuket from there, and you wont find a seat for B1,500 ... more likely to be just over B2,000 if you book well in advance.
    Damn, 2000 will do i'm afraid , but we not booked anything yet, so maybe the price will be far over 2000 and we can stay in Pattaya

Liked

Quick online check for a departure week after next seems to be B2,390 ....
    There are only 10 types of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that don't.

If you are talking about going in 10 days time I doubt you'll get much change out of 3000B one way by the time you add on fees etc.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Still worth the extra for the ease of using U Tapao.
    Taxi is normally about 800 Bt.
    I too asked why it was almost the same price as going to BKK and the reply was "Not the same". I suppose they meant that the taxi couldnt hang around at the Airport to bring back the next passenger!

Liked

The company below quotes 650 Pattaya-U-Tapeo. I have used this company many times and they are excellent. If you send him an e-mail he usually replies within an hour to confirm.
    www.pttaxiservice.com

I love U-Tapeo. So tiny that you walk in and just step onto the plane. 18 days in Phuket. What the f....k are you going to do for 18 days?