List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A motorbike ride in the Thai countryside.

Liked

A motorbike ride in the Thai countryside.

As I've mentioned before I love few things more than riding a motorbike around the countryside in and around Pattaya. There are about 4/5 routes I follow with deviations as and when the mood takes me. A little like a walk around London, it's rare that I don't come across something new and interesting. There are often races at the track near Siam Country Club and always free to watch. Half an hour watching go-cars or bikes screaming round on the tarmac followed by a lovely lunch at SCC makes for a wonderful morning. Head south and there are some lovely tucked away wats. One is up a steep incline and offers beautiful views towards some mountains. The monks there give me but a passing glance as they go about their business. They're also building a huge white one in the middle of a field, perhaps looking to compete with The Sanctuary of Truth. I often come across places such as a small cafe for a coffee or a pretty lake or a small village and then a few days later when I try to find it again, I can't. A motorbike will cost 200 baht a day for the new Honda Click and it's orgasmically fun to ride being fast and chuckable. Do it.

2. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 26th, 2017), francois (October 24th, 2017), snotface (October 25th, 2017)

Liked

Re: A motorbike ride in the Thai countryside.

Nice post. arsenal. I don't ride a motorbike but agree with the freedom it gives to explore new places, off the beaten track.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Yes, I can see myself riding a Honda Click for at least five minutes before I had a horrendous accident. However, I have an American friend, retired in Chiang Mai, also born in 1940. Until very recently he delighted in riding his motor bike around the northernmost towns of the area. He said that when travelling alone instead of with a companion, people were much more likely to want to interact with him and he always enjoyed his trips.

Going back fifty years, when I lived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, I bought a BSA motorcycle, enjoyed taking it out for desert runs. Finally had to give it up, too many breakdowns, some said because the right spark plugs were not available. But it was fun while it lasted.

5. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 24th, 2017)

Liked

A hint of Lawrence of Arabia there, bob?

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Well, both El Aurens and I share(d) an appreciation for young Arabian men. There was that houseboy from the Yemen.... Oh, sorry, don't want to go off topic.

8. 2 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (October 25th, 2017), joe552 (October 25th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Arsenal, does the 200 baht/day rental for a new Honda Click include insurance?

Liked

Bob, I do hope we're going to hear more of your Yemeni houseboy? Your post reminded me of the only time I came across a houseboy (not in a sexual way, unfortunately) We were travelling in the Philippines with our friend whose father was a former governor of Negros (I know there are 2, and I don't remember which we went to). Myself and one of my friends went to a karaoke bar, and he joined us there. A great night. When we went to a posh restaurant with members of the family, I was uncomfortable that he wasn't coming in with us, but had to stay with the driver till we were ready to leave. I couldn't even go to the kitchen to make a coffee. A servant had to do it. Not my style at all.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

..definitely my style...hired help belong downstairs in more way than one...

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by jfs View Post
    Arsenal, does the 200 baht/day rental for a new Honda Click include insurance?
    Like that loud mouthed tennis player said “you cannot be serious” !

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by joe552 View Post
    Bob, I do hope we're going to hear more of your Yemeni houseboy?
    Just briefly, so as not to get too far off track -- and I'm sure you don't want all the sordid details -- Over the years I spent in Saudi Arabia, I had two Yemeni houseboys. I found both of them to be very well endowed. Now of course I cannot draw any conclusions on the basis of a two cock survey, but, if all Yemenis are similarly endowed, could this be the reason why Mr Trump included the Yemen in his Travel Bans? Afraid of the competition? He doesn't want any Yemenis to employ their assets in Making America Great Again? Just a thought.

14. User who gave Like to post:

joe552 (October 25th, 2017)