Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Shortest taxi ride - camp or what?

Liked: 1

Shortest taxi ride - camp or what?

Last night we dined well at Dulio's in the Tawana Ramada having skipped Acts 2 and 3 of the Belarus Ballet's Romeo and Juliet. Veal with tuna sauce and Lamb cutlets washed down with a Pinot Grigio, charming attentive staff, a nice room and gay friendly. Also branches on Suckhumvit Road and Phuket - no longer in Pattaya. Unfortunately is was hissing down with rain as we wanted to leave. We got a taxi to drop my friend off at Tarntawn Place (just across the road) and run me to Tawan Bar. Outrageously he charged 100 baht about 1 baht a meter but we both reached our destinations bone dry. I did not tip.

I hope that my posts will be of use.

So, prey tell, what was so bad about the Belarus ballet production of Romeo and Juliet?

Tee Pee - do they ever have classical concerts in bangkok?

Verdis Requiem played by a host of Thai men - i would think i`d died and gone to heaven.

Liked

Re: Shortest taxi ride - camp or what?

[. Unfortunately is was hissing down with rain as we wanted to leave. We got a taxi to drop my friend off at Tarntawn Place (just across the road) and run me to Tawan Bar. Outrageously he charged 100 baht about 1 baht a meter but we both reached our destinations bone dry. I did not tip.[/quote]

One baht a meter, but how much a minute? The traffic there is usually so heavy it can take a long time to pull out into the stream, or even worse cross both lanes. In the rain yet! And the Tarntawan driveway is a real pain to maneuver into and out of. The narrow soi that Tawan is on is no picnic either. You got off cheap, and if it kept you dry I'm sure it was worth it. I'm sometimes tempted to try a similar trip in various spots, but usually don't have the nerve. Good for you.

Re: Shortest taxi ride - camp or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Swing
    he charged 100 baht about 1 baht a meter but we both reached our destinations bone dry
    Camp? I was thinking "capitalism" - you balance out supply and demand to arrive at a market price. Your demand was inelastic, and he priced his supply accordingly

Liked: 1

Taxi prices

The same night, one unhappy punter got a taxi to the Tarntawan Place Hotel from DJ Station and did not agree the fare or meter. He as charged 400 baht and it was not raining.
    I hope that my posts will be of use.

Forum's veteran
    Mount Calvary Baptist Church of the Redeemer
    Liked
    Quote Originally Posted by wx40afp
    i want to become a Crocodile man Steve Irwin type of wooly moof.
    Geesh it seems like you Aussies are having a bad week Syd, I see Peter Brock's dead now. Killed near Perth during a rally.
    JESUS LOVES YOU, yes, even you nancies

The Thirty Arses of Eve?

I dont need to act like that,I am what I am,and if you dont like it,tough !i dont need to be someone else when i go to Thailand.
    So why did you swirch from bbb to boygeorge to JollyJackoff to wx40afp?
    And is wx40 your skirt size and afp stand for Aussie Flaming (Or...whatever?) Perve?

I want to become a Crocodile man Steve Irwin type of wooly moof.
    Dead?

I have no interest in ballet ,
    Wait until the Ballet Russe de Monty's Carload does Romeo & Julio--The Love of Two Fruits*! (*Nom Som Peddlers.)

oh Tee Pee

you outrageous snob.