Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel close to Suvarnaphumi Airport

Liked

Hotel close to Suvarnaphumi Airport

Liked

Re: Hotel close to Suvarnaphumi Airport

There's one in the Airport building but I forget on which level.
    By the way-what an amazing structure it is; a harmonious mixture of metal, glass and stretched canvas.

Banned
    Liked

The only hotel close to the airport is the Novotel but that's about 5,000 baht. The others are a taxi ride away https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel...K-Bangkok.html

Liked

As far as I know, the hotel in the airport is quite upmarket. I've stayed in a couple but for the life of me can't remember any names. Maybe when I've woken up a bit.

Frequent beat me to it.
    Hitchhiking's more of a challenge on the road less travelled.

Liked

Thanx for quick reply.
    Just found it, Novotel about 5 mins walk.

Liked

The Novatel is indeed located right at Suvarnaphum Airport. Mostly business stay-overs who don't care about price.

But, just a 5-8 minute taxi drive from the airport you'll find a area called Lat Prabang, and its main drag, Lat Prabang Rd. There youll find dozens of reasonably priced hotels, many of which have shuttle buses back and forth to the airport. (A taxi will be quicker). Lat Prabang also has night markets and great Thai food. So many choices.

My recommendation would be the Mariya Hotel. Weve stayed there a number of times. Not 4-star by any means, but the place is clean and the rooms are a decent size. The price is around 1000-1400 baht depending on the room size and includes a breakfast buffet.
    Not sure if they have a shuttle bus from the airport, but they do have one going to the airport.

Heres the URL address: http://mariyahotel.com/ (also check out Booking.com or Agoda etc etc, you may get a better price.)
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

7. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (October 22nd, 2017)

Liked

Lat Prabang - that's exactly the place, Smiles. I once got a taxi from Pattaya heading for a hotel there and the driver hadn't a clue (can't really blame him, he wasn't local) but instead of asking someone for directions, he just kept driving around. I was getting a bit irate, when purely by coincidence, we spotted the hotel. It's a good area. If I'm planning to stay at an airport hotel, I now ask the Pattaya driver to take me to the airport, and then I can find the relevant shuttle. I find they give a free ride to the hotel, but you pay for the return. It's never very much.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

have stayed (half) a night once in that NVTel-very late plane, on cost of airline. Would never pay that myself for what it offers. Its walkable-for the more younger ones, but its near 1 km through maze-like empty concrete corridors along the airportlink.
    As indeed smiles correctly notes, dozens of smaller Thai style HTls-most with thsu their querks, along Lard krabang. This rd is VERY long and one should not expect too much of nightfood/entertainment etc along it.
    I do remember-let him be praised once too, that latin wrote about a night in a HTL named xx QUEEN there and he seduced the room/whatever boy to stay the night with him (not quite for free, if I remember well, but well below the ''going'' high rate of that time for inner BKK) doing a queen-style job!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

How nice of you to remember. Wasnt the 1st time I engaged the services of a bellboy...rather easy in 1 to 3 star hotels...

Liked

So how much did he cost you, latin?