Just spoke (on Facebook) with my older friend. I've started a new thread because the old one went all sorts of ways. Anyway, this is the simpler of the 2 posts I intend to make. He's coming from Sri Racha to Pattaya on my birthday. Btw, any of you in the area of Sunee on the 9th Jan are welcome to come along and ply me with alcohol. Question is, where would you suggest? I thought about the bar I think/thought was called "green chairs". Across the Soi from All of Me. If All of Me had still been open, that would have been my choice. It has to be a bar he can easily find me in - I don't have a smartphone (what?). Anyway, I'll have to tell him in advance the name of the bar - I've never actually known the names, except AofMe. Suggestions welcome.

So this is the hard part. I don't know BKK at all (only been once for a couple of days with him) If we're meeting his parents and he's taking his wife, where the f*ck do we stay? I'd love to see his parents again - not sure about the wife. We had the best holiday of my life up in Si Saket for 2 weeks. They're simple folk, and I think a 2/3 star hotel would suit them. I'm totally in the dark on this one.

Thanks lads, for any advice or suggestions.