Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattaya bars - a review

Liked

Re: Pattaya bars - a review

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Awwww that brought me right back, I could almost smell the candle wax dripping on the guys chest and arms as that music played there ! :-)
    O'Yes! Memories of a past active gay scene in Chiang Mai, wild and crazy Pukett, lost for two weeks in Pattaya, and never leaving BKK!

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    F sharp major would be quite some feat on a toy trumpet probably tuned to C major!
    I was wondering more how an instrument that only plays one note at a time and I assume based on the players ability has a full range of note options can be described as major or minor in the first place ?

3. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 4th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Nirish guy View Post
    Awwww that brought me right back, I could almost smell the candle wax dripping on the guys chest and arms as that music played there ! :-)
    You are abolutely right Nirish guy! It was indeed Inigma. Every go-go bar seemed to be hooked on that melody while the lads within poured hot wax over each other, swaying back and forth in slow motion. Officium, as Fountainhall states, was used in a variety of other shows in Patts.

Colmx: My God, Fanta up the arse and coke out? Has it been patented? I have never seen this trick. A human vending machine? I have to confess that it took me some time to work out that those pulling miles of coloured tape out of their glory holes were in fact pulling the tape from an egg-shaped receptacle (full of miles of the stuff) lodged within their rectums.

Oliver: Incredible: I never saw that and regret it. It must have been marvellous. Was the trumpet 'volutary'?
    In one of my previous posts I mentioned my unease at finding myself in the Cattery looking for my boyfriend, Art, who had assumed the post of manager in the Kitten Club (something I will never get over). I was terrified that the girls might start firing darts in my direction, having first immersed them deep within their psyches!!!

Everything is so bloody tame now. I am not a fan of the shows on the circuit currently. I cannot abide ladyboys lip-synching. The boys, wearing straw boaters, morning coats and canes(sounds like Harrow and Eton at morning registration), move hypnotically around the stage before parting in the middle, arms sweeping to the left to welcome, from the wings, yes, you've guessed it...... another bloody ladyboy, and my heart sinks.

Throb, circa 2000 Boys - not katoeys!
    Most sensible.

5. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 5th, 2017), colmx (March 4th, 2017), fountainhall (March 4th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by poshglasgow View Post

Throb, circa 2000 Boys - not katoeys!
    Most sensible.
    My BF (now been together 14 years.. yikes!) was working in Throb back then... I remember taking a fancy to him and being warned off him by one of my regulars at the time...

I often wonder what might have happened if we had hooked up 2 years earlier... back then he was still straight/curious and spoke hardly any English... so to be honest I think the 2 additional years he worked in the bar did our relationship no harm... I'm just glad he never got involved in the trumpet/dart/fart shows!!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Banned
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by colmx View Post
    My BF (now been together 14 years.. yikes!)
    "together"?

Banned
    Liked

you missed out on the old show the guy pouring a bottle of Fanta up his ass... and then moments later emptying what appeared to be coke back into a coke bottle!
    Sounds like the (true) story of the comedian Barry Humphries in the First Class cabin of an aircraft appearing to throw up into a sick bag and then eating the potato salad he had previously hidden there with evident enjoyment.

9. User who gave Like to post:

fountainhall (March 4th, 2017)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    "together"?
    Yes, at the time we got together I was 27 and he was 18... and we are still going strong (thanks!)

As for the Fanta to coke transformation... My magician spies tell me that the magic trick is:
    -Orange Fanta is poured into condom full of "black powder"
    -Same black powder changes the orange Fanta to black via some handstands
    -Original condom funnels the newly coloured "coke" onto the coke bottle
    -Coca Cola have nothing to do with the show and have paid no sponsorship!

BTW has anyone noticed that Coca Cola is being slowly but surely replaced by EST (Thai cola brand)... Apparently it costs only 2B less than coke... so the bars that use it must be REALLY short on cash!
    Buffalo me die! Send Money!

11. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 5th, 2017)

Banned
    Liked

Yes, at the time we got together I was 27 and he was 18... and we are still going strong (thanks!)
    So you're both living together in Ireland?

Liked

Originally Posted by colmx

I hadn't thought about 'these years' for sometime now Colmx, but can't help but reply to this one.

Lots of Sawatdee-ers here who have been posting 5, 8, 10 years or so, but Colmx is a true long-termer both in his love-life and his postings.
    He doesn't over-post nowadays but he was wonderfully prolific back in the very early 2000's on PattayaGay and the original Sawatdee Forum. We watched his machinations on attempting to get his old man (I use that term hardly literally) his first Irish visa.
    He, his boyfriend, me, my boyfriend got together once ~ the only time ~ on a drunken night at an outdoor Morlum concert in Pattaya (think crushing crowds and dusty venue) after which I endured, for 24 hours, the worst hangover ever. Although I was not a gogo/host bar scrounger, he and his, now Old Man, loved the stroll ... and gave it up in many a post regarding his boyfriend's 3-way experiments. (Alas, on hearing, my Old Man wanted precisely nothing to do with that, and I let it go.

But I beat him on one specific ~ is if it were a contest! ~ i.e. Suphot and I have shared this happy life here in Hua Hin (and Surin) with each other for 17 years now. And yes, we are still going strong.
    On meeting, he was 31 and I was 52 ... bit of difference there. And now? Who cares.

If interested, here is difference between a Thai man who was 31 and now 48. (The first pic is a tad smudged. It's been in my wallet for 17 years! Taken at Wat Arun in Bangkok. In the bottom photo he's the guy with his hand on high. Taken in Surin last month.)

age41.jpgunnamed.jpg
    Last edited by Smiles; March 4th, 2017 at 10:40.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

14. 3 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (March 5th, 2017), colmx (March 4th, 2017), splinter1949 (March 4th, 2017)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Quote Originally Posted by frequent View Post
    So you're both living together in Ireland?
    Why be such a cunt Frequent - you know exactly what Colmx means as being "with" someone doesn't just mean in the literal or physical sense but also the emotional and practical sense too - both of which Colmx is too.

Plus as he travels and spends more time in Thailand than probably any other farang visiting his bf and his bf has been to Ireland now several times and they no doubt talk to each other on an almost daily basis I'm sure then yes of COURSE they're together - probably more so even than some people who live in Pattaya but only choose to see their "bf" once a week or less even .........so, why try to split hairs and question otherwise....jealous that both of them have actually managed to find someone and stay together for that long maybe perhaps ??

16. 4 Users gave Like to post:

Brad the Impala (March 5th, 2017), colmx (March 4th, 2017), frequent (March 5th, 2017), RonanTheBarbarian (March 6th, 2017)