Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Visa To ireland

Liked

2nd Visa To ireland

Hi All
    Happy to report that my Bf successfully received his 2nd visa for visiting Ireland yesterday....

Any long termers here will know what hoops we had to jump through to get the first visa... (1.5 years of waiting!) thankfully second time around it took just 9 days to process the applicaton!

Then even rang him to see if he wanted to come early as they would issue the visa with which ever date suited him!

Now all we have to do is try to find flights at a good price... and count down the month until he comes back!

So to Jingmith and others... dpn't give up hope about ur BFs visa... cos once the first is granted 2nd and subsequent visas are much easier! :colors:

Buffalo me die! Send Money!

Liked

Good News

Thats great news Colm, I have a friend in Dublin who is going through a first time application at the moment. The hoops he is jumping through are incredible! :bounce:

my b/f has just been refused a visa while i was here in UK. sent him lots of paper work but he could not prove he had reason to return to LOS. I have a great job and can comfortably support him. he does not have a regular job and does own a home so not sure what to do next. thought about contacting embassy direct but not sure this will help, now b/f is worried that he has stamp on passport with visa refusal.
    any advice?? cheers

Tell him to get a decent job. Your job is irrelevant.

Senior member RonanTheBarbarian's Avatar
    Liked
    Thats great news. Hope he has fantastic time in Ireland with you, and i hope the weather during his stay is better than today (dull and drizzly)

Good news!

Very happy to hear your good news colmx! I hope you both really enjoy your time together.

I wonder if it is true to say that once you have had a visa granted subsequent ones are easier?? For the British Embassy at least it sounds still to be rather a hit and miss affair!

Cheers!

Good advice

DELETED

Liked

f

Hi Irish1972
    If you want to pass on my details to your friend in Dublin i'll gladly offer any help if possible...

JB:
    YOu forgot to add that in addition to the decent job also he has to have a handsome and generous boss :blackeye:

Jingmith:
    I have replied seperately on this in your thread....

Damn Consulate is closed today and tomorrow (tue)
    And its BFs 22nd birthday on wed.
    And then allowing for a hangover on Thursday it look like he won;t have the visa in hand till friday...

Still better late than never!

Re: f

Quote Originally Posted by colmx
    YOu forgot to add that in addition to the decent job also he has to have a handsome and generous boss :
    You certainly are, m'dear. Who could resist that half inch and balding pate? As the Bible says, there's a pete1969 born every minute.

Liked

on the way

BF is finally on the way to ireland...
    Thanks to all with their suggestions for flights...

Finally got him on Air-France late last week @46000Baht - expensive - but that seems the cheapest going at the moment... so much for low season!

He had very few days to shop and pack... and no time for a trip to Issan... but at least he is on his way!

Now i just gotta hope everything goes ok in Paris CDG and Dublin Immigration in the morning!