Quick navigation:
List of forums
Gay Thailand
Gay Cambodia
Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help

Thread: Present situation in Bangkok at go-go bars?

Liked

Present situation in Bangkok at go-go bars?

What is the present situation in Bangkok?

1. Are the gay go-go bars active and functioning as usual? Or have the activities tapered off because of the mourning period? In particular, what is the situation like at Dream Boys and Jupiter? Shows and guys to off? How many hot guys available?

2. This forum recently has had several discussions of Southeast Asian guys working in the bars? Have the Vietnamese and Cambodian guys returned to some of the bars in Bangkok? Or are the authorities still clamping down?

Information would be appreciated. I might try to squeeze in a trip to Bangkok when I go to Hong Kong on business later this month. Thanks.

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: Present situation in Bangkok at go-go bars?

I am not in Thailand at the moment but from what I have read most things are back to normal (behind closed doors if necessary).
    At the end of the 1 month's mourning (14th) everything should be back to normal.

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by werner View Post
    What is the present situation in Bangkok?

1. Are the gay go-go bars active and functioning as usual? Or have the activities tapered off because of the mourning period? In particular, what is the situation like at Dream Boys and Jupiter? Shows and guys to off? How many hot guys available?
    Was in Soi Twilight this past Saturday night and was also there just after the passing of the King last month. All Bangkok entertainment venues, bars, agogos open as usual but closed strictly 12 midnight. Including Soi 4, Soi 2, DJ station etc. Only visited 2 agogos....Classic which had a boring short show with available boys on stage in jeans, no tops, and likewise Hotmale Agogo had boys onstage with jeans no tops, didn't visit at showtime there so have no idea what the show consisted of.

I say 'strict' closing for all bars but we sat at Hotmale beerbar until past 1am with bill settled immediately (no bin) and so they could say if police visit I had bought before 12am. Also in Soi 4 on Friday night quite a few bottles/beer towers/jugs bought 'just' before 12am deadline and allowed time to finish while waiters cleared up which took until last customer finished. Karaokes still open here and there but 'extremely' hush-hush, but available. Completely unlike Pattaya which, apart from 'loud' partying, all was pretty close to normal.

Will post more info on current/recent Thailand trip when time allows. As gerefan posts, everyone expecting/predicting all back to normal from 14th in Bkk.

4. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (November 8th, 2016)

Liked

What about the men from surrounding countries working in the go go bars? From what I hear it's been tough for them.