Gay Vietnam
Gay World
Everything Else
FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thai Lion Air BKK to Phuket 600B One-Way

Liked

Cool Thai Lion Air BKK to Phuket 600B One-Way

This must rank as one of the best deals I've ever secured - a 1.45pm departure from DMK including a checked bag up to 15kg + hand luggage = 600B inclusive of no frills airline stealth charges.

Their booking website gave me some problems using iPad but worked fine on iPhone for some strange reason

More later

Liked

Re: Thai Lion Air BKK to Phuket 600B One-Way

At that price they're going to do a roaring trade, is that their mane route? I am fucking hilarious, am I not?

Liked

Red face Re: Thai Lion Air BKK to Phuket 600B One-Way

Well I found nothing to growl about

The plane appeared to be a brand new 737-800 - so with 6 seats across it was not spacious but neither is Emirates!

The check-in and boarding was very efficient and the flight departed and arrived bang on time - which let's face it is really all you want.

A free snack comprising of a waffle wafer type biscuit with chocolate filling and a small tub of water is included in the fare. The 737 is a noisy plane and we were seated almost level with an engine so maybe we got more noise than others. The point is - I'm sure an announcement was made that hot drinks etc were available for purchase (but I couldn't hear clearly because of accent and noise) and a cart passed at high speed but nobody bought anything probably because the menus hadnt been put in the seat pockets so nobody knew what was available - but for a short flight not a big issue.

The inflight magazine was highly amusing. It's 75% in Thai with just a couple of articles in English.

The article which tickled my fancy was one about "how to prepare for the flight" and must scare the shit out of inexperienced flyers:
    If begins by gleefully letting you know that 80% of crashes happen at take off or landing (cheerful stuff), then goes on to advise you to visualise yourself escaping from the sinking/crashing/burning plane in order that you'll be able to plan your escape. It advises you not to self-medicate with a "stiff drink" so that you'll keep a "cool head" whilst the chaos erupts around you and then goes on to advise you NOT to wear shorts, short-sleeved shirt,or sandals (all of which I was wearing) in order to improve your "survivabilty" on the sinking/crashing/burning plane.

The best and most cheerful piece of advice was not to wear synthetic clothes as they will melt in the fireball and stick to you - followed by advice that "women should not wear pantyhose" - presumably because they'd stick to your fanny in the inferno?

So, I chuckled through the flight and there were no hitches.

Certainly recommend anybody travelling to Phuket checks them out.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (September 3rd, 2016), loke (November 18th, 2016)

Liked

Well we'll see if you survive the return journey first.

Liked

Oh I may not come back with Thai Lion - I'll just pick best price at the time (nothing booked yet) - for such a short trip I don't see any point in paying more than necessary

Forum's veteran
    Liked

not that you're even there in the first place mind and now sitting in Scotland surfing sky scanner to find pricing - pathetic man, just pathetic ! :-)

8. User who gave Like to post:

arsenal (September 3rd, 2016)

Liked

Absolutely right NIrish. It's like Beachlover has returned from the dead with his posts of fantasy.

Liked

image.jpg

I recommend the bacon rolls by the way - but rather disappointed that Irn Bru and deep fried Mars bars are not available in a Scottish-owned establishment

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Ha Coke and Bacon Rolls, I see you're just like me in that you love going to Thailand to enjoy all that lovely Thai food that one hears about so often too :-)

My cafe there does a great line in Thai cheese and ham toasties, it being Thai as he sets a lettuce leaf on top of it as he brings it over ( which of course being the philistine that I am I immediately remove as I wouldn't eat any of 'that foreign muck" :-)

Liked

Nooooo - the situation is that since arriving I've been forced to eat all the foreign muck by my BF (oh wait, that sounds disgustingly sexual ) and this visit to a Scottish bar was my attempt at "getting even" by forcing him to eat a bacon roll.

Plus, look more closely - a coke (him) and a Singha beer (me) - so at least there was something Thai in my lunch

He wasn't impressed with a bacon roll btw