FAQ & Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Night in Bangkok – Great Gay Bars

2. User who gave Like to post:

Up2U (August 18th, 2016)

Forum's veteran
    Liked

Re: One Night in Bangkok – Great Gay Bars

Fack Club is in fact Fake Club located on Ratchadapisek between Sutthisan and Huai Khwang MRT stations. It's a huge space but you'll rarely see any farang there unless with a Thai friend.

4. 2 Users gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 26th, 2016), Up2U (August 18th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Fack Club is in fact Fake Club located on Ratchadapisek between Sutthisan and Huai Khwang MRT stations. It's a huge space but you'll rarely see any farang there unless with a Thai friend.
    but Surfcrest is trying to attract a younger, hipper, more international audience here and I am sure this type of post makes great clickbait on the twitter feed even if it turns out to be just a few poor quality photos of some miss-identified bar with links to a site that rates DJ Station, The Stranger and Maggie Choo’s as the greatest gay bars in town - based it would seem on the opinions of BK Insider Guide and Where Thailand, both general expat/tourist trap sites that are linked to from just about every other website that has any reference to Thailand

though exactly what contribution readers attracted by such posts are likely to make here or how many current contributors would be interested in reading such contributions is still to be seen - but I am sure Surfcrest is right, it will get the numbers up and guarantee the survival of the forum!

bkkguy

Liked

In the past in this Forum, I would post TAT snippets to announce Festivals and Events in Thailand and occasionally repost some Party information. Now through Twitter and our Main Site page, I sweep for all the best and most current happenings in and around Thailand to share, albeit vastly more information than just TAT. Only a few of the 27 thousand or more Tweets that I've thought relevant have made it here. This was a great, almost correct article...and the Asia and Cambodia news segment of the International Gay Guide is pretty good. We subscribe to them from our Main Page, I try to share their stories and more with you and our members there and also to our unique Twitter followers. We're up to nearly 500 now based on some of the topics we share.

I wouldn't say we are trying to attract "hipper" audience; we post and tweet on a variety of subjects for any age and to as many interests relevant to travel or expat life in Thailand, including S.E. Asia. The S.E. Asian destinations are places you might want to travel to for a short break from Thailand and things you might want to do while in Thailand, either alone or with someone special. Some of the people visiting our site or following us on Twitter might spend time on our site, some perhaps join the Forum and that's keeping our membership and discussions relevant.

These days, a good site needs to connect with Social Media to stay connected in the constant flow of information around the globe. Moses and I have put a little effort into making this site a lot more relevant as a site and we would hope that the membership will sustain good traffic over time. Maybe I'm wrong and wasting my time, but I have a hunch we're on a good path no matter what happens in Thailand tomorrow in the Thailand we see changing.

As for the article itself...I was fascinated with all those hard-ons. I've seen quite a few shows over the years in Thailand, some so wild they could hardly classify as shows, but not many coyote shows and none as interesting. Fascinating the cock comparisons to body size, once they are all lined up together.

Surfcrest

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by fountainhall View Post
    Fack Club is in fact Fake Club...
    I spotted that as well, and an address that makes very little sense:
    https://gay-guide-asia-and-cambodia.com/
    even less when there later is the headline International Gay Guide.

Nonetheless, first impression ok, and this is even interesting:
    True colors! Condom that changes color on contact with STIs invented by teens
    https://gay-guide-asia-and-cambodia....nted-by-teens/

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Surfcrest View Post
    Some of the people visiting our site or following us on Twitter might spend time on our site, some perhaps join the Forum and that's keeping our membership and discussions relevant.
    really? I'm curious - how many new active forum participants have come from your Twitter followers or people who followed a Google or other link to a news story on the main site?

These days, a good site needs to connect with Social Media to stay connected in the constant flow of information around the globe.
    if you seriously think that this sentence actually makes any sense then keep drinking the KoolAid, otherwise take a step back and have a serious think about why you need to be using "Social Media" as a source of information and what your marketing objectives are in establishing a "Social Media" presence.

when discussion first started here about the new forum and the new main web site the objective seemed to be to move from a very narrow (and dying) fat ugly old falung sexpat/sex tourist audience to a more general (and growing) gay expat/tourist audience, and the main site and the forum are called Sawatdee Gay Thailand, yet your most recent Twitter posts have been re-tweets (driving traffic away to other web sites) on topics such as "Storm Warning For Anybody Heading North This Weekend", "The ancient lost city of Wiang Kum Kam", "Cooking breakfast in rural Nakhon Nayok", etc - there are already thousands of Thailand news aggregator web sites and Twitter feeds, if you want to compete in that market then you need to getting 500 new followers a day not over a few months, and you may as well change the name of the web site, otherwise I don't really understand what you think you are achieving

yes I am a gay expat living in Bangkok, but yes I don't only eat at gay restaurants and don't only go to gay bars, and I travel both in Thailand, SE Asia and the rest of the world but there are a myriad of sites with relevant info on that, I come to Sawatdee Gay Thailand and the other local forums for a local gay perspective, not a regurgitation of other web sites' idea of "news" - I read restaurant reviews on the local gay forums because I know and have judged the posters and know how to interpret their views (much harder then when dealing with TripAdvisor or the Bangkok Post), the same for travel posts and bar reviews etc

As for the article itself...I was fascinated with all those hard-ons. I've seen quite a few shows over the years in Thailand, some so wild they could hardly classify as shows, but not many coyote shows and none as interesting. Fascinating the cock comparisons to body size, once they are all lined up together.
    this is exactly the type of original interesting content and opinion that I think makes it worth visiting the forum here, much more so than a clickbait headline and a comment-less link to another web site - why wasn't this your original post?

and if you really want to get us to visit this other web site then gives us some useful info not just a naked link - both you and christianpfc found some other interesting articles there so share on the forum with some comment about why you found it interesting

relevant original content builds your brand and your traffic - re-tweeting other content or getting Google traffic to news items on your web site that just lead to links to other sites' news content does not, so perhaps you need to think more about what your objectives are and where you and Moses should really be concentrating your efforts - or have I missed the point of what you are trying to achieve here?

bkkguy

Liked

The summer in Asia can be murderous for mosquitoes and I can only assume that is is that or some such other irritation that has so infuriated Bkkguy.

10. 3 Users gave Like to post:

cdnmatt (August 21st, 2016), ggobob (August 21st, 2016), Surfcrest (August 21st, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by bkkguy View Post
    really? I'm curious - how many new active forum participants have come from your Twitter followers or people who followed a Google or other link to a news story on the main site?

bkkguy
    Why do you think it is our target - to get new members to forum via twitter?

I can give relative figure: from May to July monthly q-ty of visitors of main site has been almost doubled (to be precise 187%).

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    " ... that has so infuriated Bkkguy ... "
    I doubt bkkguy was "infuriated" when he wrote his posts on this topic. All I read was a mild criticism regarding the 'vision' of Sawatdee and it's place in the social media universe.
    bkkguy has been posting stuff on Sawatdee for much longer than almost anyone, but being 'infuriated' is not an adjective I would ever use when reading his posts. More often than not he goes against the grain, suffers no fools, and is often quite correct. (And full disclosure ... I received no blow jobs for writing this)
    As a person who heartily disdains the mundane New World of Facebooking,Twittering, Instagramming, Grindering etc etc I get what he's saying and pretty well agree. Less Twittering and more postings is what's needed here these days.
    Last edited by Smiles; August 21st, 2016 at 11:44.
    Just another reason why I love living in Thailand

13. User who gave Like to post:

christianpfc (August 26th, 2016)

Liked

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Why do you think it is our target - to get new members to forum via twitter?
    ummm ... did you read the quote from Surfcrest's post that I was responding to? but yes I agree this seems to be more Surfcrest's vague dream rather than a real target or objective

and I am really pleased for you that the " visitors of main site has been almost doubled", I won't spoil the mood by asking how you calculate this metric and in what context you consider this a "success" for the web site and for the effort you have put into it - minor technicalities like this are obviously not important to you or Surfcrest despite the significant investment both of you have made to this project so lets get back to enjoying our oysters from Surfcrest's more than one hardon in one night in Bangkok

and arsenal - you obviously haven't even seen me "enraged", this is more my typical response to what I see as a wasted opportunity here!

bkkguy